Pokémon GO continues to be one of the most popular mobile games around, despite the antagonistic relationship between Niantic and the fans who play the game. However, fences are being mended and Niantic is now attempting to improve the app’s Routes feature, making it more robust.
On the app’s official blog, the devs talked about some of the major updates that will be coming to Routes. In addition to quality-of-life improvements that will make Routes easier to make, players will be able to gain more Zygarde Cubes to change Zygarde forms.
Here are some of the improvements currently available in Pokémon GO:
- Increased Route availability across the globe.
- A lower level requirement for Trainers to create Routes.
- Several quality of life improvements, including seeing more Routes listed in the Nearby menu, directional arrows on Routes, and a running count of the Zygarde Cells you’ve collected in the Zygarde Cube details.
Niantic also listed some of the improvements that will be coming in the future:
- More Trainers will be able to create Routes.
- Trainers will be able to find Zygarde Cells more often while exploring Routes.
- A new notification will be available to inform Trainers when there are Routes nearby.
- Various quality of life improvements.
When Routes were first introduced in Pokémon GO, fans thought that it was a good way to catch some critters without going to cities. However, some of these Routes have been pretty bad, with players not finding good Pokémon or getting any decent rewards. Now that the feature is going to be expanded on, there might be hope for this app.
Many fans have been down on the popular app for a while now. A lot of it has to do with Niantic increasing the price of in-game items and making it harder to catch Pokémon. Others have also grown dissatisfied with the game’s Gym Battles.
Pokémon GO is available now on iOS and Android devices.