If your PSVR 2 controller is not working, we have some tips for you.
The PlayStation VR 2 is here with over 30 games at launch including the popular multiplayer shooter Pavlov VR. However, some users have reported issues with the PSVR 2 Sense controllers, which are an essential component of the virtual reality experience.
In this article, we'll provide solutions to help you fix the PSVR 2 Sense controllers, so you can continue enjoying the exciting titles in the PSVR 2 games list.
How to fix the PSVR 2 controller not working issue
The PSVR 2 controller is a crucial component of the PlayStation VR 2 experience as it allows users to interact with the virtual environment and play games in an immersive way.
These controllers are designed to track the user's movements and translate them into the virtual world, giving users a sense of presence and control over their gaming experience. If your PSVR 2 controller is not working, it can severely impact your VR experience.
So, here are the steps you need to take to fix the PSVR 2 controller not working issue:
- Start by turning off your PS5 console.
- Then, locate the small reset button on the back of the controller.
- Use a pin or similar tool to press the reset button.
- Connect the controller to your PS5 console using the USB cable that came with your console, and press the PS button.
Hopefully, your PSVR 2 controller should be working fine at this point. If not, try charging your Sense controllers and leave them alone for a while. When the controller’s status indicator turns off, hook it up to your PSVR 2 system and see if it working.
How to fix the PSVR 2 left or right controller not working in game
We rely on controllers for navigation, movement, and interaction within the game. So either one not working properly can significantly disrupt the gaming experience and leave you feeling frustrated.
However, with the right troubleshooting steps, it's possible to fix the issue and get back to enjoying all that PSVR 2 has to offer. So, here are some steps to fix the PSVR 2 left or right controller not working in game:
- Go to Settings > Accessories > Controller, and turn off trigger effect intensity and then turn back to strong.
- Now get into Safe Mode. To do that, power off the console, then turn it on by pressing the power button and keep it pressed until you hear a second “beep”.
- Choose Update software and select Update from the internet.
- After the PS5 is back up, go to Settings > System > System Software > System Feature Updates. It will check for updates and install any pending updates.
- After that, the console will reboot.
Hopefully, the issue should be resolved at this point. Thanks to the Reddit user u/BorbaKK for sharing this potential fix. This is your best bet to fix the issue until Sony comes up with a permanent solution.
Why is my PSVR 2 controller not working?
There are several reasons why your PSVR 2 controller may not be working properly. Here are some of the most common issues that users face with PSVR 2 controllers:
- Connectivity issues: The PSVR 2 controllers use Bluetooth technology to connect to your PlayStation console. If the Bluetooth signal is weak or disrupted, the controller may not work properly.
- Low battery: If the battery in your PSVR 2 controller is low, it may not function correctly. Make sure to charge the controller fully before use.
- Tracking issues: If the controller's sensors are not calibrated correctly, it can result in inaccurate tracking and movement in the virtual environment.
- Physical damage: If your controller has been dropped or damaged, it may not work properly.
- Software issues: Occasionally, software updates or glitches can cause problems with the PSVR 2 controllers.
If your PSVR 2 controller is not working, try troubleshooting the problem using the solutions provided here. In case the issue persists, it is best to get in touch with Sony by going here. In some cases, you may need to replace the controller if it's beyond repair.