If you are receiving FFXIV error code 601 on Mog Station while trying to make a payment, you would be relieved to know that you are not alone.
Many FFXIV users have been plagued with this payment problem for quite some time. The Square Enix error code 601 on Mog Station is not as severe as FFXIV: Endwalker error 2002 and FFXIV: Endwalker error 3001 but can still be frustrating and annoying.
So in this article, we'll walk you through the process of troubleshooting and resolving error code 601, so you can purchase subs or time cards without any issues.
How to fix FFXIV error code 601 on Mog Station
Online forums are flooded with people complaining about and seeking solutions to FFXIV error code 601. We've done our best to comb through the numerous posts and find proven solutions to the problem.
Assuming the payment details are entered correctly and you have enough funds available, here are some tips to fix FFXIV error code 601 on Mog Station:
- Try disabling any add-ons and extensions on your browser and see if it resolves the issue.
- If you are using a VPN, turn it off.
- If you are using the Steam version, try adding in-game time through your Steam account as this Reddit user suggested.
- Using the Amazon time cards helped this user get around the error.
- Wait a few days before you try it again. If that doesn't help, wait a few weeks and try again.
Hopefully, one of our suggestions will work for you. If not, Square Enix recommends you contact your card issuer/bank to make sure the payments are not blocked for other reasons or try using an alternative payment method if possible.
What is FFXIV error code 601?
FFXIV error code 601 pops up when trying to make a payment on the Mog Station using my debit/credit card. According to the support website, error code 601 "occurs when a payment is rejected before it reaches the Square Enix systems."
The most common causes for FFXIV error code 601 are:
- There are not enough funds available on the account connected to the payment method.
- Payment details are entered incorrectly.
- Browser add-ons or extensions interfering with the payment process.
- A VPN or proxy service is used.
- The card you’re trying to use does not allow recurring payments.
The suggestions we outlined here should help you resolve FFXIV error code 601 and you will be able to make purchases from the Square Enix store without any problems.