In 2017, CryptoKitties was a game-changer. It was one of the most popular and successful blockchain games of all time. In fact, the game's popularity in December 2017 congested the Ethereum network, causing it to reach an all-time high in the number of transactions and slowing it down significantly.
Now that CryptoKitties has been out for almost 4 years, it is looking like a thing of the past. What was once a huge success is now just a blip on the blockchain landscape. Let's see how is the game doing now.
Is CryptoKitties Still a Thing?
As it turns out, yes, it is still a thing. Obviously, there are many new blockchain games being released every day. However, the crypto kitties game is still alive and well.
According to CryptoKitties' official website, 1719 new users joined in the last month alone. At the moment, there are 2,010,740 crypto kitties on the market, with 332 of them created in the last month.
Moreover, as per data from DappRadar, CryptoKitties had 1658 users and 3083 transactions in January 2022. Although the numbers are relatively less, it shows the game is still played.
In conclusion, CryptoKitties is not as popular as it was in December 2017, but the game is still around, and it is still being played by thousands of people.
How Do You Make a CryptoKitty?
As you might know, there are two ways to breed a new Kitty: breed two of your own Kitties together, or breed with a public sire. If you want to breed two of your own Kitties together, here is how to do it:
- Go to your litter and click on a Kitty you want to make the father (the Sire) in your breeding.
- Click on the Breed button, then click on Sire with my Kitties.
- After that, choose the mother (the dame) for your breeding.
- Once you’ve selected a breeding pair, hit OK, give them some privacy.
- That's it! The new CryptoKitty token will be sent to your wallet.
Here is how to breed with a public sire:
- First, log in to your CryptoKitties account.
- Click on the Search box at the top of the screen.
- Below the search box, tick the box next to Siring.
- Find the Sire you want to breed with and click on its picture.
- Next, click on the pink Breed Now button.
- Now you will need to select which of your Dame’s you want to breed. Click on Select a Kitty to complete the process.
- Once you confirm the transaction, the new CryptoKitty token will be sent to your wallet.
It is important to mention that only the Dame (mother) gets to keep the Crypto Kitty. So, if you have a Sire (Father) you won’t get anything.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Crypto page.