If you're wondering how to sideload apps and games on Meta Quest 3 using SideQuest, our step-by-step guide is here to help you with clear and easy-to-follow instructions.
The Meta Quest 3 is one of the best VR headsets with 500+ games and apps to enjoy. But if you're looking for something extra beyond the best Oculus games, say hello to SideQuest. It's like a secret door that takes you to even more cool stuff not available in the official store.
In this guide, we'll show you how to sideload apps and games on Meta Quest 3 using SideQuest, ensuring you can enjoy a wider range of VR content beyond what's available on the Oculus store.
How to install SideQuest on your Meta Quest 3
To install SideQuest on your Meta Quest 3, you will need a PC and a SideQuest account. Let's break it down.
Here is how to install SideQuest on your Meta Quest 3:
- Go to the official SideQuest website to download the app on your PC. We suggest getting the Easy Installer since it comes with setup instructions and helpful tutorials.
- Enable developer mode on Quest 3.
- Connect your Quest 3 to the PC using a USB-C cable.
- On your Quest 3, go to settings and allow content from unknown sources.
- Open the Oculus Store on your Quest 3, and select "Unknown Sources" from the dropdown box in the top right.
- Click on SideQuest and follow the on-screen instructions to link the app with your SideQuest account.
Once the linking is complete, SideQuest will be fully set up on your headset. If at any point you miss a step or encounter any issues, we suggest referring to the instructions and video tutorials provided within the setup itself.
How to sideload apps and games on Meta Quest 3 using SideQuest
Now that you have SideQuest installed on your Meta Quest 3, you are ready to download and install the best SideQuest games. If you wish to play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 3, you will be able to do it with SideQuest.
In order to sideload apps with SideQuest, just open the app and download what you wish to load. Just follow these simple steps:
- Open the SideQuest app on your Meta Quest 3
- Select the game or app you wish to sideload
- Click "Download App" and give SideQuest permission to install apps from unknown sources
- Once that's done, click "Install" to install the game
- Enjoy the game.
SideQuest offers a lot more than just sideloading games. From tweaking the refresh rate and texture size of your headset to modding Beat Saber and connecting Meta Quest 3 to PS4 and PS5, the possibilities are quite diverse.
What is SideQuest?
SideQuest is a sideloading platform that enables users to install VR apps, games, and experiences that have been developed by independent developers and have not gone through the official Oculus review process for inclusion on the Oculus Store.
Can you get banned for using SideQuest?
Using SideQuest itself to sideload apps and games onto your Meta Quest headset is not a violation of Oculus' terms of service and generally does not result in getting banned.
That said, if you use SideQuest to cheat or modify multiplayer games in a way that violates the terms of service or rules set by the game developer, you could potentially face consequences, including being banned from playing the game.
Is SideQuest legal?
Yes, SideQuest is legal.
It's a legitimate platform that provides a way for users to sideload apps and games onto their Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2 VR headsets. Oculus has allowed users to enable developer mode and sideload applications as long as they adhere to Oculus' terms of service.
And with that, we are wrapping up our guide on how to sideload apps and games on Meta Quest 3 using SideQuest. While you are here, make sure you check out how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Meta Quest 3.