Can't figure out the Paramount Plus Subtitles or how to turn them off? We've got you covered with our comprehensive guide that will take you through everything you need to know.
Despite the streaming issues on Paramount Plus, the platform is still a great option for those who love watching movies. For one, the number of devices that can stream Paramount Plus simultaneously is quite impressive. Two, the monthly costs are quite affordable compared to other movie subscription services.
However, Paramount Plus subtitles do have a few quirks. The subtitles on the platform work inconsistently and sometimes they are out of sync. We know how annoying it is, so here's how to turn off subtitles on Paramount Plus.
How To Turn Off Subtitles On Paramount Plus Roku
Seemingly, the subtitle bug is happening mostly on Roku devices. Hopefully, they will roll out an update soon to fix the issue. For the time being, you can choose to turn off the subtitles. To do that:
- Press the asterisk button on the Roku remote to open the side menu, and then scroll down to select Accessibility & captions.
- Select Closed captioning, and then select Off.
Alternatively, you can globally turn off closed captions on your Roku by navigating to Settings > Accessibility > Captions Mode and selecting Off.
How To Turn Off Subtitles On Paramount Plus App
Whether you are using iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet, just follow the instructions below to turn off subtitles in the app.
- While the video is playing, click the speech bubble icon in the top right corner of the video player.
- To turn off closed captions, click Off under the Subtitles section.
How To Turn Off Subtitles On Paramount Plus Apple TV
You can turn off subtitles on Apple TV either through the Apple TV menu or using Siri. To do it through the menu, follow the steps below. If your Apple TV remote is not working, you can use your iPhone as a remote.
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility.
- Select Subtitles and Captioning then Closed Captions and SDH and turn Off.
To ask Siri to turn off subtitles for you, press and hold the Siri button on the remote while watching a video. Then, tell Siri to "Turn off Closed Captioning," and it will be done.
Paramount Plus Subtitles Not Working?
There have been many reports of subtitles not working properly on Paramount Plus. Either the closed captions are always 2-3 lines ahead of the visuals or the subtitles just stop working randomly. To fix the Paramount Plus subtitles not working issue:
- Restart the app.
- See if any new updates are available. If yes, install them.
- Try turning closed captions off, and then turn them back on.
If nothing seems to solve the issue, reach out to the Paramount Plus support team. Navigate to the support site and fill out the form describing the issue. An agent will contact you.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Tech page.