With one of the primary goals in Rust being defending your base from would-be invaders and attackers, the addition of CCTV cameras to the game was a huge relief to those worried about attacks.
CCTV cameras enable you to monitor both your base and various monuments across the maps, and while they do take some setting up, the CCTV has become almost essential to surviving in Rust.
Keeping this in mind, here's how everything you need to create the best CCTV system in Rust.
How to set up Rust CCTV
The first thing to know about CCTV in Rust is that there are two different types of CCTV identifiers: Encoded Identifiers and Player-Created Identifiers. Encoded Identifiers are fixed codes, often for monuments, created by Facepunch. Player-Created codes are, as the name suggests, identifiers created by players for base CCTV cameras.
To create your own CCTV identifier code, you need to do the following:
- Equip the hammer
- Press E while looking at the CCTV camera you want to use
- Select the 'Set Frequency' option on the red and white wheel that pops up (This will be in the bottom right corner of the wheel).
- Enter your custom identifier code and select 'Set Identifier' (Note: this code is case-sensitive)
You will also need to attach your CCTV cameras to power before continuing, otherwise they will not work.
Once you have created your custom CCTV set up, you will need to link the camera to a Computer Station, which you can see how to do below.
How to set up a Computer Station in Rust
A Computer Station can either be bought from the Outpost for 300 scrap, or built on a level two workbench with:
- 20 High-Quality Metal
- Targeting Computer
- RF receiver
- RF broadcaster
Once you have placed your Computer Station within your base, go to its terminal and press E. Here you will be able to input your CCTV identifier code, allowing you to watch all the live feeds you want!
However, if you don't want to look at feeds from outside your base, but instead for the Oil Rig, you will need to use Facepunch's CCTV codes, which are listed below.
List of Rust CCTV Camera Codes
Here is the full list of discovered codes for the various monuments spread across the Rust map.
- Airfield - AIRFIELDHELIPAD, AIRFIELDGARAGE
- Bandit Camp - CASINO, TOWNWEAPONS
- Dome - DOME1, DOMETOP
- Large Oil Rig - OILRIG2HELI, OILRIG2DOCK, OILRIG2EXHAUST, OILRIG2L1, OILRIG2L2, OILRIG23A, OILRIG23B, OILRIG24, OILRIG25, OILRIG26A, OILRIG26B, OILRIG26C, OILRIG26D
- Small Oil Rig- OILRIG1HELI, OILRIG1DOCK, OILRIG1EXHAUST, OILRIG1L1, OILRIG1L2, OILRIG1L3, OILRIG1L4
- Outpost - COUMPOUNDCHILL, COMPOUNDCRUDE, COMPOUNDMUSIC, COMPOUNDSTREET
For more articles like this, take a look at our PC Gaming page.