Fall Guys Error 200_1040 has been cropping up for a number of players, primarily PC gamers, while Error Code 201_003 has been all over the place as well. It may be entirely coincidental, but Fall Guys has just been made free-to-play, as well as launching on both Nintendo Switch and Xbox. It's been a busy time.
But if you are suffering from this particular error, you're probably concerned about why it's happening, and how you can fix it, so you can go back to making guys fall, or not fall, or whatever else you may be required to do.
You have questions. We have answers.
How To Fix Fall Guys Error 200_1040
If you encounter Fall Guys error 200-1040, then the official guidance from the Fall Guys support pages is to try verifying the game files. To do this:
- Navigate to the game in your Library, and click on the three dots that will be close to the game title.
- On the next menu, click on Verify in the drop-down navigation.
- Wait for the process to finish. It normally takes a few minutes, so don't be concerned if it isn't immediate.
- Once this has finished, restart the game, and see if the error has been resolved.
If you happen to be playing the Steam version of the game (although this has now been delisted, it will still receive full support for existing players) then you can still verify the game files. On Steam:
- Launch Steam, and right-click on the game in your Library. Alternatively, you can click the gear icon from the game's Library page.
- Select Properties on the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Local Files tab and then click on Verify integrity of game files...
- As with Epic Games, this process can take several minutes.
It's also worth keeping an eye out for any updates for the game. Sometimes an update will contain a fix for errors like this. So if you see any pending, download and install them, and see if this makes a difference.
If doing this doesn't work, then you can contact the Fall Guys Support team for further guidance.
- Read More: How To Fix Fall Guys Connection Problems
What Is Fall Guys Error 200_1040?
As we mentioned earlier, Fall Guys error 200_1040 appears to primarily affect PC players. Players who get this error see the following message:
Session expired, please restart your game. Error code 200_1040
Unfortunately, it doesn't offer any clues as to what's causing it. But we can make some educated guesses.
The fact that the recommended solution is to verify the game files, is indicative of a corrupted file, or a bug that has crept in, and is therefore causing the issue.
It's impossible to say definitively whether this error is somehow linked to the game being made free-to-play, or available on new platforms. But it is possible that some coding changes were made in preparation for this. Fall Guys does offer cross-platform progression as well as cross-play. It's supposition, but certainly possible that some of the tweaks needed to accommodate this might have caused a glitch.
Whatever the underlying causes, try the solutions that we've outlined above, as these are your best chance of fixing the error, and getting back into Fall Guys.