The PS5 is a huge console. Sony's next-gen console towers above the Xbox Series X, and even overshadows the bulky PlayStation 3 console renowned for its size.
Given this size, many fans excited for the PlayStation 5 to arrive on November 12 (or November 19) are concerned about whether the console will fit in their TV shelving, or might even obscure some of the TV with its large white panels.
The most obvious solution to this issue is to turn the PS5 console sideways. While in previous console generations, and with the Xbox Series X, you can just grab your console and place it flat, it's a bit trickier with the PS5 given its curved panelling. Here's what to do...
How to lay your PS5 console flat with the stand
The key to the PS5's stance is the stand attached to the PS5 console allowing it to stand vertically. Here's what you do:
- Turn off the PlayStation 5 and disconnect the power cables.
- Using a flathead screwdriver (a coin may also work), remove the screw found in the bottom of the PS5's stand.
- Place the screw in the small compartment found in the PS5 stand.
- Take out the small black cap also found in the small compartment and place it into the screw hole to block the gap.
- Close the compartment by rotating the stand.
- Take the stand and attach it to the two clips in line with the markings on the console (see below). Once in place, it will click and feel secure.
- Turn the console onto its side, placing the stand-side down.
After this, your console should be all sorted, so you can reconnect your power cables and start playing those brand-new PS5 games without a towering console obscuring the view!