Your Xbox account will require you to set a password in order for it to be used. It is the primary way of making sure your account is secured at all times.
But sometimes there may be scenarios where you need to change your Xbox account password.
This may happen especially if you encounter security problems with your account. So it's best to immediately set a new one.
With this in mind, here's how to change your Xbox account password.
Change your Xbox account password in Xbox Live
One way to change your Xbox account password is to do it via Xbox Live.
- Head on to the official Xbox Live website and click the profile icon to sign in to your account.
- You will then need to fill in your email address and current password to log in. If unfortunately, you cannot remember your current password, choose the Forgot password option instead.
- Go to your email and confirm your account by verifying it.
- Proceed by entering and setting a new password for your Xbox account.
- Another confirmation will be sent to your email. Go back and verify your new password.
Once all of those are done, your Xbox account password is now changed.
READ MORE: How to cancel your Xbox Live subscription
Change your Xbox account password in Microsoft Edge
You can also change your Xbox account password in the Microsoft Edge browser login page.
- Go to login.live.com on your Microsoft Edge browser.
- Fill-in with your email address and current password.
- Once logged in, click your profile picture and choose Edit profile.
- Find the Change password option and follow-through by selecting Change.
- Enter once again your current password, and type-in your new password. Finish off by clicking Save.
You now have your Xbox account password changed by following these steps.