If you are looking for a way to move the Windows 11 taskbar to the left, then this article is for you.
Microsoft has made a lot of aesthetic changes in the new Windows 11 OS. One of the things that they have done is that they have moved the position of the taskbar. Instead of being off to the left side of the screen, the taskbar now appears in the middle of the screen - like in the macOS.
If you are someone who is used to the old Windows taskbar then you will probably not like this change. So, in this guide, we will show you how to move the taskbar to the left side of the screen.
How To Move Taskbar To The Left In Windows 11
If you are like most people, the change from a left-aligned taskbar to a centre-aligned taskbar is something that you are not comfortable with. Fortunately, there is a way to easily move the taskbar and its icons back to where it belongs - on the left side. Here's how to do it.
- Right-click on the taskbar and choose Taskbar Settings from the pop-up menu.
- Find the Taskbar behaviours section and expand it.
- Under the Taskbar behaviours section, you will see Taskbar alignment. Set it to Left and you're done.
There you have it! Your taskbar and Start menu will now be back where they belong. Enjoy! And if you like to make the Windows 11 taskbar icons smaller, proceed to the next section.
How To Make Taskbar Icons Smaller In Windows 11
While Windows 10 has a built-in feature to make your taskbar icons small, Windows 11 does not. However, the good news is that, using a simple registry tweak, you can set your Windows 11 taskbar to one of three sizes: small, medium (default) or large. Here is how to do it.
- Press Windows key + R and type in regedit and hit Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
- Right-click in the right window pane and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Now name the value TaskbarSi.
- Double click on TaskbarSi and set the value to 0 to make the taskbar icons small. Set it to 2 to make the taskbar icons large.
- Close Regedit and reboot your system.
Once the system restarts, you will see that the taskbar icons are now small - exactly like you wanted.
- Read More: How To Check CPU Temp In Windows 11
How To Move Taskbar To Other Monitor In Windows 11
Multi-monitor setup is one of the most useful things that you can do with your Windows PC. It is especially useful for graphic designers, gamers, and other professionals who require a larger screen. However, if you are having trouble getting the taskbar to show up on the second monitor, here is what you need to do:
- Press Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Go to System > Display.
- Select the second monitor in the Windows Settings panel.
- Expand the Multiple displays section.
- Tick the Make this my main display checkbox. And you are all set!
- Now, right-click on the Taskbar and uncheck the Lock the taskbar option.
- Click and hold the taskbar, and drag it to the second monitor.
That's how it is done! Hope it helps.