If you have too many things going on at the same time and are looking for ways to remove languages from Duolingo, we can help.
While learning a new language can be exciting, you may find yourself wanting to remove a language from your profile for a variety of reasons. Maybe you've lost interest in a language, or you want to focus on a different one.
Whatever the reason, we'll walk you through the steps to remove languages from Duolingo in this article. So, let's get right into it.
How to remove languages from Duolingo
At the moment, in order to remove languages from Duolingo, you have to use the web version of the app. Unfortunately, Duolingo revamped its app to make it more user-friendly. But it removed some of the useful functionalities such as the ability to remove languages or courses from the app itself, which is a great inconvenience.
So whether you are an Android or iPhone user, here are the steps you need to take to remove languages from Duolingo:
- Go to the Duolingo website and log into your account.
- Hover the cursor over More on the left-side menu and select Settings.
- Select Manage Courses from the right-side menu.
- Hit Reset next to the languages you wish to remove from Duolingo.
Be aware that when you remove or reset a language, all your progress will be lost. And if you decide to add it back later, you'll have to start the course from the beginning. So only reset or remove a course once you are absolutely sure you want to.
How to add a language on Duolingo
Luckily, if you want to add a new language you don't need the web version, as this can be done with all the versions of the app, both Android and iOS. Adding a new language to your Duolingo profile is a straightforward process that can open up a whole new world of learning opportunities. Unlike removing languages from Duolingo, you don't need to visit the website to do this.
So whether you are an Android or iPhone user, here are the steps you need to take to add a language on Duolingo:
- Tap the flag icon in the top-left.
- Select + Course, and choose the new language you wish to add on Duolingo.
- You will be given options to start learning from scratch or take a test to find your proficiency level. Choose the appropriate option based on your level.
You are now all set to learn a new language on Duolingo. you can tap the flag icon to toggle between your courses or languages.
Now that you have learned to remove languages from Duolingo as well as to add them, take a look at the different leagues in Duolingo.