Can you get Netflix on your Oculus Quest headset?
Putting a headset on to watch a movie may seem odd to some, especially if the alternative is simply putting on a movie; it's nice to have the option. And in fact, there are occasions where it might be a godsend.
Maybe you're travelling; perhaps the television is being commandeered for another episode of Bargain Hunt, or maybe your movie-watching setup isn't as nice as the one that Netflix offers in VR.
Whatever the reason, if you feel inclined to use Netflix on Oculus Quest, how exactly do you go about it? That's what we'll examine next.
How to use Netflix on your Oculus headset
In good news, getting Netflix to run on your Oculus Quest doesn't take much hard work, jiggery-pokery, and other shenanigans. There's a dedicated Netflix app on the Quest store. To get it up and running, complete the following steps:
First, install the Netflix app from the Oculus store.
- From the Oculus home screen, select Netflix.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Once the Netflix app launches, select Sign In.
- If you're not a member, set up your membership. You won't be able to watch Netflix on Quest if you don't have a Netflix membership.
Your device is now connected to your Netflix account. You can then open the app on your Quest and access any content that's available where you are. It's recommended that you sit down to use your Quest when watching Netflix.
Read More: How To Change Netflix Region On Smart TV
If you are intending to use your Quest for watching Netflix, the following are the key features that the experience offers:
- Netflix is available on the Quest, Quest, and Quest Go headsets.
- It is also available in any region where Netflix is already available.
- The resolution for TV and film watching is 480p. This is known as Standard Definition, so if you are accustomed to using a 4K television, you may notice a difference in picture quality.
- You can still turn on subtitles or use alternate language settings if they are offered by whatever you're watching. Select the Audio and Subtitles icon.
- And if you want to find a specific movie or TV show, press Search.
Read More: How To Change Netflix Region Without VPN
How to sign out of Netflix
Once you've finished watching Netflix on your Quest, or if you borrowed someone else's headset, you may want to sign out of your Netflix account. Once again, the process is straightforward:
- From the Netflix home screen, select Settings or the Gear icon.
- Select Sign out.
- Select Yes to confirm.
Now, you have all the information you need to watch Netflix on your Quest headset. Enjoy!
Read More: How To Change Netflix Region On iPhone
Can you watch Netflix offline on Oculus Quest?
The official Netflix VR app allows you to stream content. However, it does not allow you to download content to watch offline.
If that's something you want to do, you will need to look into sideloading an alternative Netflix app, using something like SideQuest to help you. You would then need to find a Netflix Android app APK, which you can install on your Quest headset.
We aren't going into depth here about how to do this. The main point is that the 'official' Netflix app won't allow you to download content to watch offline. But if you want to do this, and you're willing to put in a bit of work, then it is possible.
Oculus Quest 2 Netflix 1080p
Sadly, you can't watch Netflix in 1080p on the Oculus Quest, although the VR headset supports up to 8K. For some reason, the Netflix VR app only streams at 480p, and it's disappointing because watching shows and movies at 480p is no good.
Hopefully, a future update will support higher resolutions. Also, downloading videos to the device would be very helpful. Until then, you can watch Netflix in Full HD on your Smart TV.