If you want to know how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV, then you've come to the right place. We've put together this guide to help you work out how you get your VR headset on the big screen for all to see.
When you first buy a new game or games console, there comes a point where you want to show it off to your friends or family. Whether you want to get them interested in your hobby, or just need to justify your purchase, showing games to other people is nothing new. This isn't as easy with the Oculus Quest 2.
Given VR's personal nature, in that the screens are attached to your face, it is much harder to demonstrate VR to another person without actually giving them the headset to try. So here's how to cast your Oculus Quest 2 to a TV.
How to cast Oculus Quest 2 to a TV
The essential ingredient for Oculus Quest 2 streaming is a Chromecast. Oculus casting currently supports 2nd and 3rd Generation Chromecasts, the Chromecast Ultra, and NVIDIA Shield TV. If your TV has a built-in Chromecast app, this will also work too.
Assuming all three devices involved - the Oculus Quest 2, your phone and Chromecast/TV - are all connected to the same network, here is how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to a TV:
- Open the Oculus app on your phone and connect it to your Oculus Quest headset.
- Click on the Cast button in the top-right corner of the Oculus app (it looks like a headset with Wi-Fi coming out of it).
- Under the Cast From section, make sure to select your Oculus headset, and then select your TV/Chromecast from the Cast To section! Your TV should then start streaming the Oculus output.
And that's how it is done! This way you can cast Oculus Quest 2 to your Samsung TV.
If you don't have the Oculus app, you can also select the Share button on your Oculus headset, which should then take you through the above steps after you select Cast. We wouldn't recommend this, however, as it can be a bit more finicky to do with the headset on.
How to cast Oculus Quest 2 without Chromecast
Those of you who don't own a Chromecast device might be a bit disappointed that you cannot cast your Oculus Quest 2 to your TV, but luckily there is something else you can do to show off your Quest to friends - cast Oculus Quest 2 to your phone.
The setup for casting the Quest 2 to your phone is pretty much the same as it is for the TV. Just follow the steps below.
- Just open up the Oculus app, and connect your phone to your headset.
- Select the Cast icon at the top, and then find your phone on the Cast To devices list - it should be called 'This Phone'.
When casting onto your phone, you will also be able to launch different apps, reset your Guardian boundaries, and record gameplay to upload on social media/share with your friends.