If you are reading this, then you probably want to know how to join the metaverse. And we're going to tell you exactly how.
The proposed immersive virtual world where people gather to socialize, play, and work is certainly becoming an even bigger draw for those who are keen to see just what it has in store for them...
In recent times, it has become a hot topic in the media, with lots of hype about the future of the Metaverse. As the future looks very exciting for the Metaverse and is supposedly the next big thing, we're here to walk you through how exactly you can take your first steps into it.
How To Join The Metaverse In 2022
The pure Metaverse - an immersive virtual environment you can go inside of, instead of just looking at on a screen - is still far away. However, Facebook CEO Zuckerberg thinks the Metaverse will be mainstream in 5-10 years. So, to be realistic, we can expect the Metaverse to be released in 2 - 3 years.
In the meantime, there are already many Metaverse platforms online for you to get started. The most popular ones are The Sandbox and Decentraland. Then there are some others, like Axie Infinity, Ertha, Horizon Worlds and Star Atlas.
Here, we will show you how to join The Sandbox, Decentraland, and Axie Infinity Metaverse. So, let's get started!
How to Join The Sandbox Metaverse
The Sandbox is a virtual world where you can build, own, and monetize your gaming experiences. You can create avatars, virtual goods, and even games using VoxEdit & Game Maker tools, monetize them as NFTs and sell them for SAND tokens on The Sandbox Marketplace. Here is how to join The Sandbox Metaverse:
- Visit The Sandbox Metaverse website.
- Click on the "Sign In" button at the top right corner.
- Once you click the button, you will be asked to connect your MetaMask account.
- Afterwards, enter your username, email id and password.
- Now, click on "Create" on the left pane.
- Download the Game Maker and Install it on your PC.
- Open the app, sign in with your credentials and you're done!
How to Join the Decentraland Metaverse
Similar to The Sandbox, Decentraland is a virtual world where you can play, explore, and interact with games and activities. Like in The Sandbox, you can purchase parcels of LAND and build your own environments and applications on it.
Relatively, joining the Decentraland Metaverse is easy and straightforward as it doesn't require any software download. Here is how to join the Decentraland Metaverse:
- First, go over to the Decentraland website.
- Click on the "START EXPLORING" button in the top right corner.
- Now, you will be provided with two options: Play as a guest or Play using your wallet.
- If you choose to play using your wallet, you need to connect your MetaMask/WalletConnect/Fortmatic wallet.
- Once done, the game starts to load.
- If you choose to play as a guest, you will be immediately transported to the Decentraland gameworld without any sign in.
If you play as a guest, you will only be able to do limited stuff like exploring the land and customizing your avatar. However, you can play different games and buy LAND and create ASSETS if you play using your wallet.
Read More:Best Metaverse Games To Play In 2022
How to Join the Axie Infinity Metaverse
Axie Infinity is simply the blockchain version of Pokemon GO and is a perfect introduction to the Metaverse. You can play the game in your spare time, on the go, while on a bus, train, or plane, and earn some money. So, if you are planning to play the game, here is how:
- First, go over to the official Axie website.
- Click on the Play Now banner at the top right corner.
- Then, you will need to create a Ronin Wallet to store your digital assets.
- Once it is done, you will have to buy 3 Axies to start playing the game. You can deposit AXS coins in your Ronin Wallet and buy Axies from the official Axie Marketplace.
- Now, you need to set up your game account by providing your email and password.
- You can then download Axie Infinity, login, and play the game. The game is available on Windows, macOS, Android and iOS (TestFlight).
Hope this helps! Have fun exploring the Metaverse!