To format your Xbox Series X is essentially attempting a factory reset. It can be used to erase all data stored on your console.
Sometimes, Xbox Series X users may resort to this action especially when their device is already filled with bugs and errors because of data storage.
There are just a few procedures they can do to make it work. But keep in mind that there's a point of no return with this.
With that being said, here's how to format the Xbox Series X.
How to format an Xbox Series X
It is easy to format or do a factory reset on your Xbox Series X. Here's how to do it:
- Click the Guide button and head on to the Profile and Settings tab.
- Choose the Settings option.
- Go to the System tab and select Console Info.
- Proceed by selecting the Reset Console option.
- Finally, choose the RESET AND REMOVE EVERYTHING option to do a full factory reset and eventually format your Xbox Series X.
Think twice before you format your Xbox Series X
Take note that upon doing the reset or formatting of your Xbox Series X will erase all the data stored on your console.
Although if you want to keep your data, you can choose the 'RESET AND KEEP MY GAMES & APPS' option instead of the first one.
With it, all the data, including the installed data and apps, will be saved and stored. You should have no fear of deleting those.
So it's better to think twice before proceeding with a factory reset or formatting to your Xbox Series X console.
READ MORE: How to boost download speed on an Xbox One