Halo Infinite is the newest entry in the legendary franchise, and one of the most anticipated titles for PC gamers. The game will see the return of Master Chief, as well as Cortana, the artificial intelligence that helps him on missions. However, since its launch on November 15, there have been reports of many Halo fans being unable to play the game because ofHalo Infinite Graphics Device Error. If this is something that has happened to you, then you need to read on to find out what you can do to fix it.
What Causes Halo Infinite Graphics Device Error?
The Halo Infinite Graphics Device Error is a common issue for many players. When the error comes up, you’ll see a message saying:
“Could not find compatible Graphics Device due to the following missing feature: Hardware Tiled Resources Tier 2. Please ensure you have a DirectX 12 compatible graphics adaptor and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer.”
Halo Infinite Could Not Find Compatible Graphics Device Issue can happen on various operating systems, including Windows 10, 11 and macOS. Some players say they’ve experienced the error due to not having enough Video RAM on their graphics card. Other players encountered the error because their PC doesn't have the latest DirectX 12 installed.
How to Fix Halo Infinite Could Not Find Compatible Graphics Device Error?
Above, we have addressed the causes of Halo Infinite Graphics Device Error. Evidently, the error is caused because your device lacks a specific feature that Halo Infinite needs. That said, it doesn’t mean that it’s impossible to fix the error. Fortunately, the Halo Infinite Could Not Find Compatible Graphics Device Issue can be fixed through the following steps:
- First, check whether your graphics driver meet the requirements of Halo Infinite. Halo Infinite requires at least 4 GB of VRAM, or it simply won’t load up. You can fix the issue by simply upgrading your graphics card.
- The latest DirectX is essential to play Halo Infinite. So, make sure you have DirectX 12 installed. You can download DirectX 12 from here.
- Finally, ensure that your graphics card is fully updated with the latest drivers. If you have an AMD graphics card, check here. For Intel, go here and for GeForce, go here.
Hopefully, the above tips should fix the Halo Infinite Graphics Device Error on your computer. Thereafter, you will be able to play Halo Infinite on PC without any issues. You could also find fixes for other issues you encounter while playing Halo Infinite on here.
Note: The above tips can also be applied to fix Halo Infinite DirectX 12 Error, which is also a common error. You can find detailed instructions here.
How to Fix Halo Infinite Blue Screen
As you may know, Halo Infinite Multiplayer has officially launched. However, many are experiencing a blue screen. This is preventing players from actually launching the game. The blue screen was caused by an error in rolling out the multiplayer beta on the Microsoft Store. An update has since been rolled out, so if you are downloading it for the first time, you shouldn't be affected by the blue screen.
But what if you downloaded the beta before this was done? To fix the Halo Infinite Blue Screen, make sure you have downloaded the latest update of the game. To check for updates:
- Scroll to the Halo Infinite tile on your Xbox or PC.
- Open the options menu and select Manage Games and Add-ons.
- Download the latest update. Don't be surprised if it's up to 30GB or so in size.
- Restart your PC or Xbox.
- Relaunch Halo Infinite. The blue screen should now be a thing of the past.
Keep checking back here whenever you experience a problem with Halo Infinite. We provide fixes to most of the common errors that users face, so you can keep playing your favourite game without having to worry about a thing!