If the Twitch app is not working on mobile, you're not alone!
Dozens of users are now encountering problems with Twitch such as the network error or the streams not loading issue, causing them to miss the schedules of their favourite streamers. But on the bright side, Twitch stream ads are now less terrible.
Continue reading this article if you want to know how to fix Twitch's technical issues on mobile.
Why is Twitch not working on mobile?
There can be various reasons why Twitch may not be working on mobile devices. Some possible causes include:
- Network issues: Unstable or weak internet connection can prevent the Twitch app from functioning properly.
- App-related problems: Outdated app version, cache accumulation, or software bugs can hinder the app's performance on mobile devices.
- Server or service disruptions: Twitch's servers may experience technical difficulties or maintenance, resulting in the temporary unavailability of the app.
Identifying the root cause of the problem is crucial in resolving the Twitch app's malfunction on mobile devices. By understanding the underlying issue, targeted solutions can be applied, leading to a more effective resolution.
How to fix Twitch not working on mobile
When Twitch isn't functioning on mobile, it can be incredibly frustrating, causing inconvenience and disrupting the ability to enjoy live streaming and interact with the community on the go.
Luckily, there are some easy troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue. Follow the methods below to fix Twitch not working on your phone:
- Check for known issues: Visit the Twitch server status page or their official Twitter account to see if there are any known issues or service disruptions that might be affecting the mobile app.
- Clear cache and data (Android only): If you're using an Android device, you can try clearing the cache and data of the Twitch app. Please note that clearing data will log you out of the app, so make sure you know your login credentials before attempting this step.
- Check your Internet connection: You probably have a faulty connection or mobile data. If you have slow Internet, you can switch to a different connection or hotspot.
- Update Twitch: Make sure you have the latest version of the Twitch app installed on your mobile device. Visit the app store (Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS) and check for any available updates.
- Reboot your phone: Sometimes, simply restarting your device can resolve app-related issues. Turn off your mobile device, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
Just be patient if Twitch's mobile issues caused you to miss your favourite streams. At best, you can try watching replays once you've fixed Twitch's mobile errors.