Paramount Plus is not working for you because of error code 3005? If not, then you’re definitely not having a good time watching your favourite TV shows and movies. Some programs are exclusive to certain streaming services, so it’s understandable if you’re bent on sticking with Paramount Plus instead of just switching to another platform for the evening.
Paramount Plus error code 3005 is actually quite common among users, so there are plenty of easy fixes you can try to resolve it.
What is Paramount Plus error code 3005?
Paramount Plus error code 3005 means that the streaming site is experiencing a playback error. This will result in constant buffering and lag, making for a terrible viewing experience.
There are a number of possible causes behind error 3005, but none of them are complicated to deal with at all. Here’s a list of what could be causing error code 3005 to pop up on your screen while trying to watch Paramount Plus:
- Unstable internet connection
- Using an outdated Paramount Plus app.
- Viewing Paramount Plus on an outdated browser.
- Using a browser that is not supported by Paramount Plus
- Paramount Plus is experiencing server issues.
Now that we’ve covered the likely causes behind the error, let’s go over what you can do to fix it.
How to fix Paramount Plus error code 3005
Because we’re looking at multiple possible causes for this error, we’ll also have multiple fixes to try and resolve it. Don’t worry though, this should only take a few minutes even if you do end up having to try all of them.
Here’s what you can do to fix Paramount Plus error code 3005:
- Click on the OK button: Doing this will send you back to the previous page. This could actually get rid of the error, so try playing your video again.
- Close the app and reopen it: This can serve as a sort of refresh to the app and may get rid of any errors you encounter.
- Check on the Paramount Plus server status: You can do this by visiting their official help page. If you see that their servers are down, then you’ll just need to wait until they’re back up again.
- Check your internet connection: Make sure everything is hooked up properly. You might also need to contact your service provider.
- Update your browser/Paramount Plus app: If you’re using the Paramount Plus app, go into your app settings to see if you’re using the latest version of Paramount Plus. You can also check on your web browser’s version if you’re viewing Paramount Plus on a PC.
- Check if the browser you are using is supported by Paramount Plus: their official website has a list of supported browsers that you can check.
If you’re still having trouble with Paramount Plus error code 3005 after trying these steps, you can try visiting their help page.
So that pretty much covers Paramount Plus error code 3005. Once you’re back to viewing your shows properly, why not check out how to turn on subtitles for the streaming platform?