The great news is that AirPods can be connected to the PS4. The downside is that because they aren’t Sony-branded, its a little bit more tricky than plugin and play.
You'll need a little help from a Bluetooth transmitter.
What is a Bluetooth Transmitter?
It is a device that will plug into the USB slot of your PS4 and act as a Bluetooth connection to the AirPods.
You can get them from Amazon from around £24.99 / $29.99 / €29.99, although there are some cheaper versions available.
How to connect the AirPods
- Plug the Bluetooth Adapter Dongle into your PS4’s USB port at the front of your console.
- Depending on what dongle you have bought, make sure it’s in pairing mode.
- Open the AirPod’s case.
- Press and hold the pairing button at the back of the charging case.
- Your AirPods will now pair with your USB Bluetooth device, and therefore PS4
- Your PS4 will then display a message confirming this connection.
- Your AirPods will now be fully connected allowing you to listen and talk through your Apple AirPods while you game.
READ MORE: Common PS4 issues and how to fix them