If your Steam Deck is stuck on logo and you are staring at an infinite loading screen, we have a proven solution for you.
Like any gaming console, Steam Deck is not immune to technical issues and bugs. From controller not working to keyboard not showing to desktop mode not working, there are a variety of issues that can occur with the Steam Deck.
In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to fix the infinite loading screen bug. So, let's get right into it!
Why is my Steam Deck stuck on logo screen?
The Steam Deck stuck on logo screen issue can be caused by a number of factors. Typically, it happens when your battery is low or after an SSD upgrade. Some users claim that charging the deck through a USB-C hub can also cause this issue.
Here are some of the most common reasons:
- Software issues: Bugs, glitches, or outdated software can cause the Steam Deck to get stuck on the logo screen during startup or while launching games.
- Battery issues: If the battery is low or has completely drained, the Steam Deck may not perform properly.
- Memory issues: If the device has insufficient memory or storage, it can cause the device to freeze or crash during startup or while gaming.
By identifying the root cause of the issue, you can take appropriate steps to fix it and get your Steam Deck back up and running. With that in mind, let's explore the potential solutions for this issue.
How to fix Steam Deck stuck on logo bug
We scoured Reddit forums to find proven solutions for this issue and we stumbled across a post by Myodyne. He was able to fix the issue by booting into the BIOS and tweaking the power settings. Many users have reported success, so it might be worth a shot!
Here are the steps you need to take to fix Steam Deck stuck on logo bug:
- Shut your Steam Deck down and unplug it
- Hold Volume+ and press the Power button
- Go to "Setup utility"
- Go to "Power"
- Select "Battery storage mode [enter]
- Wait for it to shut down completely
- Plug the charger in
The Steam Deck stuck on logo issue can be frustrating and disrupt your gaming experience. However, with the solutions we've provided in this article, you can troubleshoot and fix the infinite loading screen bug quickly and easily.