Finally, we are able to go back to the forest, with the sequel to the original classic survival horror game, Sons of the Forest. Perhaps even play it on the Steam Deck. But gamers have been reporting problems with constant crashes and technical issues. What can we to do fix Sons of the Forest which keeps crashing? Let's take a look.
The game has been released in Early Access on Steam, so it is still being developed and it is normal to experience crashes and technical problems, even though it's not very fun.
Let's see what can we do to address the problem with Sons of the Forest crashing.
How to fix Sons of the Forest crashing
It is difficult to say which is the problem that causes Sons of the Forest to keep crashing. Here are a few things that we recommend you check:
- Check that you have the latest GPU drivers updated;
- Verify the integrity of the installed files, which you can do by going to your Steam Library, right click on the game, select properties, local files and then "check integrity";
- Remember to keep the game updated, as it's still in early access and having the latest version might help you in avoiding crashes;
- Close all unnecessary applications running in the background, as well as your antivirus if you have one;
- Lower your graphics setting and experiment with disabling some of the more advanced graphical effects
While none of these fixes is guaranteed to work, they can definitely help in solving the problem.
Why does Sons of the Forest keep crashing?
Unfortunately, it is hard to say. But at the moment, the game is still in Early Access on Steam, and that means it is still in quite an early stage of development. Naturally, as it might be expected from such a state, Sons of the Forest is unfinished and that may cause issues and bugs with some users.
That is all we have for you, but if you're looking to upgrade your PC, then definitely take a look at the latest news about the Zen 5 and the NVIDIA RTX 4060.