It is a lot of fun to play Roblox, going around, perhaps with friends, doing little tasks and visiting other places. But, sometimes, there may be errors which prevent us from having fun, one of those might be Roblox error code 400. What can we do to fix it?
But, luckily, fixes are usually not that difficult so we can get back to playing with our friends in no time. Let's see how to fix Roblox error code 400 then.
How to fix Roblox error code 400
The first thing you might want to do is, of course, check if the problem is on your side or on the Roblox server's side.
Check Roblox server status
You can easily check online if the Roblox servers are working correctly or if they are having issues or are under maintenance, for example. Just check the Roblox Server Status website and see if any services are temporarily down.
If they are, naturally, you might want to wait and try again later.
Third-party anti-virus interference
It might be an external program which is preventing Roblox from working correctly, perhaps an anti-virus such as McAfee or AVG or even Windows Defender. Make sure to either disable the anti-virus while playing Roblox or mark it as "safe".
For Windows Defender, you can follow these steps to check if the app is being correctly forwarded:
- Press the Windows + R button on your keyboard to open the "Run" window.
- Type "firewall.cpl" and press Enter.
- Click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender".
- Click "Change settings" and "Allow another app".
- Click Browse and find the apps you need.
- They are found in the "%localappdata%" folder, then search for Roblox and find its more current version in "Roblox/Version".
- Select the "RobloxPlayerBeta" file and click Open.
- Then Click "add" so now it is added.
- Do the same for RobloxPlayerLauncher and click Ok
- Finally, select two checkboxes for the Roblox apps, both "Public" and "Private" and click Ok.
We also recommend a reboot of your computer following this change, just to be sure it is working.
Reset your internet connection
If you are still having trouble after configuring the firewall, you might want to do a quick reset of your internet settings, just to be sure everything works as it should. These are the steps to do so:
- Write down your WiFi password before resetting everything.
- Go to "Internet settings" in your Start Menu.
- Select "Advanced Network Settings".
- Select "Network Reset" and click yes when Windows asks if you want to do the reset now.
- The OS will schedule a reboot of your PC.
This will revert all Internet settings back to their default, so if you have changed anything recently, it should be fixed.
What is Roblox error code 400?
At its core, error 400 is a generic error which says "Bad Request - 400 - there was a problem with your request". The server is saying that it is having trouble processing our request to login to Roblox.
This might mean a series of things, even though generally it is probable it is just a temporary server issue, for which we recommend just waiting a few minutes or rebooting Roblox.