If you are experiencing the "Riot vanguard encountered an error" issue while trying to play Valorant, don't panic!
While the Valorant anti-cheat system aka Riot Vanguard has been effective in preventing cheating, it is not immune to errors. Recently, some players have reported encountering issues with it, preventing them from playing.
In this article, we will explore the Riot Vanguard error in Valorant and provide you with solutions on how to fix it so that you can continue playing without any hindrance.
Why do I keep getting the Riot Vanguard error?
The "Riot Vanguard Encountered an Error" message appears when the game cannot detect the anti-cheat system, which is essential for ensuring that all players are playing the game fairly and without any cheats or exploits.
There are several reasons why you may keep encountering the Riot Vanguard error in Valorant. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Compatibility issues: If your system specifications are not compatible with the Vanguard anti-cheat system, it can cause the error.
- Outdated drivers: Vanguard requires up-to-date drivers to function correctly. If your drivers are outdated, it can cause the error.
- Third-party software conflict: If there is any third-party software installed on your computer that is conflicting with Vanguard, it can cause the error.
Identifying the specific cause of the error is crucial in finding a solution to the problem and getting back to playing the game without any further interruptions. With that in mind, let's explore the potential solutions to this problem.
How to fix Riot vanguard encountered an error
Many players have reported encountering a frustrating issue when attempting to play Valorant.
After opening the game and entering the queue, they receive error code 5 and the message "Riot Vanguard Encountered an Error," causing the game to abruptly close.
Restarting all the services related to Riot Games and Valorant can be a helpful solution to fix the "Riot Vanguard Encountered an Error" issue. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press "Windows key + R" to open the Run dialog box.
- Type "services.msc" and press Enter to open the Services window.
- In the Services window, find all processes with the Riot Games or Valorant logo.
- Right-click on each of the programs and click on End Task.
If this solution does not work, other possible solutions include updating drivers, enabling TPM 2.0, repairing or reinstalling the game, and performing a clean boot.
If you keep getting the "Riot vanguard encountered an error" message after trying these steps, you may want to contact Valorant support for further assistance.