If you are hit by PS4 error code NP-34958-9, this guide is for you!
Like any gaming console, your PS4 can sometimes encounter errors that can be frustrating. From error code WC-40383-8 to error code WS-46332-8 to the error code in question, there is a variety of issues you can encounter.
In this article, we will explore what the NP-34958-9 error code is, what causes it, and most importantly, how to fix it so that you can get back to playing the games and apps you like.
How to fix PS4 error code NP-34958-9
We have seen a lot of players posting their experiences with error code NP-34958-9 on Reddit, and we’ve done our best to comb through them all to find the most helpful information and share it with you.
To resolve the PS4 error code NP-34958-9, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to your network settings and select 'Custom'.
- When presented with the option for IP Address Settings, choose 'Automatic'.
- When asked about DHCP Host Name, select 'Do Not Specify'.
- In the DNS Settings, choose 'Manual'.
- Now you'll need to change your DNS entries:
- For the Primary DNS, input '188.8.131.52'.
- For the Secondary DNS, input '184.108.40.206'.
- Next, restore all licenses from the 'Account management' menu.
- Finally, set PS4 as your primary console.
Please note, if you're in a different region and these settings don't work, you might need to use region-specific DNS entries. Many Reddit users can confirm that this tip works, you can trust it and give it a try.
One user suggested that using your mobile hotspot to connect to the Internet also works. So, connect your PS4 to your mobile instead of your regular WiFi network or LAN cable, activate ps4 as the main console, and then go back to your regular WiFi.
What is PS4 error code NP-34958-9?
PS4 error code NP-34958-9 is a widespread issue and has been plaguing many PS4 users for the past few days.
When this error occurs, it can prevent you from accessing certain games or apps on your PS4. In some cases, it may even block everything on your system. The error message you see will ask you to activate your PS4 as your primary PlayStation.
Error code NP-34958-9 on PS4 can have various causes, including software glitches, network connectivity issues, or problems with the PlayStation Network servers. The fixes we outlined here should resolve the issue for you.