No one likes a blurred or out of focus image, right? Well, there might be cases where it's an artistic choice, but for the most part, those just look bad. Let's see how to fix it by learning all about the iPhone 15 depth control and how to change image focus.
Clearly, if you're just using the autofocus that just does the work for you, but sometimes you do need a bit more control on what the camera is focusing on.
So, enough stalling, let's take a look and learn how to use the iPhone 15 depth control slider so as to adjust our image focus.
How to change image focus on the iPhone 15
What you need to do is using the Depth Control slider to adjust the level of background blur in your portraits.
Here are all the steps:
- Open the Camera app.
- In Portrait mode, frame your subject however you wish.
- Now, tap in the top-right corner of the screen.
- The Depth Control slider should not appear, just below the frame
- Drag the slider to the right or left to adjust the focus.
- Once you're happy, tap the Shutter button to take the shot.
This allows you more control on how you're taking the picture, but you can also adjust it after you've taken the shot.
How to adjust the depth control on a photo
It is possible to change the focus of a portrait by using Focus Control on an iPhone 15. Basically, by selecting a new subject, the blur will adjust automatically, so the new subject appears clearly in focus.
This is how to do it:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone 15
- Tap any photos (potraits work best) to view it
- Now tap Edit.
- Simply, choose a new subject or focus point by tapping anywhere in the photo.
- Now tap done once you're happy.
Naturally, we would recommend choosing a new subject that isn’t already blurred, as that will look bad. Also, avoid choosing one too far in the distance.