Looking to see if you can survive a zombie-filled nightmare all by yourself? In this guide, we aim to find out if you can play DayZ offline to avoid any sort of interaction with other players.
DayZ is a multiplayer-focused survival game where you’ll need to learn how to use a splint or make a bow and arrow to stay alive. But though the undead roam this desolate world, the threat of other human beings is still very real.
So, let’s go ahead and see if you can play DayZ offline so you can explore its post-apocalyptic world in relative peace.
Can DayZ be played offline?
Offline play for DayZ isn’t a feature that is readily available, but it is possible to start a game without having to deal with other players. To start playing DayZ offline, you can either use a local server or install an offline mod.
Using a local server will be a lot closer to the actual DayZ experience and it can be easily done through Steam. Either way, playing DayZ offline will be great for those looking to face new challenges or modders who want to test out their latest creation.
How to install a DayZ local server
Follow these steps to get started on a local server for DayZ:
- Launch Steam and head into your Library.
- In the top left corner of the window, click on the dropdown box that says Games and tick the box for Tools.
- Select DayZ Server and click on the Download or Install button.
- Look for the DayZServer folder in the directory where Steam is installed and open it.
- Open the serverDZ.cfg file and set your server’s name.
- Save and close the file.
You should now be able to launch DayZ Server through Steam and connect to your own server under the LAN tab.