If you want to know everything about the Something Extraordinary Pokémon Go Special Research event, you've come to the right place.
Pokémon Go’s latest Special Research quest, Something Extraordinary, is finally here and there are plenty of rewards to be earned. The ticketed event is available for purchase in the shop for $7.99 USD.
Keldeo will make its Pokémon GO debut in its Ordinary Form as part of the ticketed event. So, let's look at the tasks you must complete to get your hands on the colt Pokémon.
Something Extraordinary Pokémon Go tasks
The Special Research story is composed of numerous tasks. Below, you will find out the Something Extraordinary Pokémon Go tasks you need to complete in order to unlock Keldeo.
- Make 3 Curveball Throws – 500 Stardust
- Catch 10 Pokémon – Oshawott Encounter
- Take a snapshot of a wild Pokémon – 10 Great Balls
- Battle a team leader 3 times – 750 Stardust
- Catch 5 different species of Pokémon – Staryu Encounter
- Power up Pokémon 5 times – 1 Charged TM
- Battle in a Raid – 1,000 Stardust
- Catch 5 Fighting-type Pokémon – Buizel Encounter
- Evolve 5 Pokémon – 3 Incubators
- Battle in the GO Battle League 5 times – 1,250 Stardust
- Catch 7 different species of Pokémon – Marill Encounter
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon – 2 Incense Lures
- Win a Raid – 1,500 Stardust
- Earn 5 hearts with your buddy – Alomomola Encounter
- Feed your buddy 3 times – 1 Fast TM
- Win in the GO Battle League – 1,500 Stardust
- Catch 15 Fighting-type Pokémon – Tympole Encounter
- Make 3 Great Throws in a row – 2 Super Incubators
- Take 3 snapshots of Keldeo – Tirtouga Encounter
- Take a snapshot of a Grass-type Pokémon – 2,000 Stardust
- Take a snapshot of a Steel-type Pokémon – 2,000 Stardust
- Take a snapshot of a Rock-type Pokémon – 2,000 Stardust
Upon completing each step, you will receive a number of rewards. The most exciting reward is definitely the encounter with Keldeo at the end of Step 5. Keep reading to find out all the rewards you can reap.
Read more: Pokémon Scarlet and Violet 'you weren't able to join' - how to fix Tera Raids join issue
Something Extraordinary Pokémon Go rewards
Below, you will find the Something Extraordinary Pokémon Go rewards you will receive for completing the series of tasks listed above.
- 2 Rare Candy, Machoke encounter, 2 Silver Pinap Berries
- 2 Rare Candy, Breloom encounter, 2 Silver Pinap Berries
- 2 Rare Candy, Scraggy encounter, 2 Silver Pinap Berries
- 2 Rare Candy, Poliwrath encounter, 2 Silver Pinap Berries
- 2 Rare Candy, Keldeo encounter, 2 Silver Pinap Berries
- 2 Rare Candy, Medicham encounter, 2 Silver Pinap Berries
- 2 Rare Candy, 20 Keldeo Candy, Keldeo t-shirt
Something Extraordinary Pokémon Go battle team leader
In the 2nd step, you must battle a team leader 3 times. The team leaders that are referenced by this task are Blanche, Candela, and Spark. With that in mind, here's how to battle a team leader 3 times.
- Click on the Pokeball at the bottom of the screen and select Battle.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Battle menu to find the Training section.
- Select any of the three leaders and choose a team to initiate the battle.
It is worth noting that you don't need to defeat the team leaders in order to complete the task from Something Extraordinary Pokémon Go. In fact, you don't even need to complete the battles. You can exit the training immediately upon initiating it and still obtain the rewards for battling a team leader.
And that covers everything about the Something Extraordinary Pokémon Go Special Research event. Now that you are here, have a look at the best breeding mechanics and the best shiny Pokemon methods in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.