Are you experiencing a PS5 party chat network error and are unable to join or create parties on your PlayStation? Don't worry, you're not alone.
Lately, many players have reported about the PlayStation party not working issue. Like PS5 error codes WS-116520-5 and WV-109156-2, this annoying error can be a pain in the neck for PlayStation owners.
In this article, we will shed some light on the PlayStation party not working issue and also provide some potential solutions so you can get back to gaming with your friends.
What is PS5 party chat network error?
The PS5 party chat network error is an issue that prevents players from being able to join or create parties on their consoles. Like PS5 error code CE-112840-6, this error indicates a problem with the connection between your PS5 and the PSN servers.
Some of the common causes of the PS5 party chat network error include:
- Poor internet connection: If the player's internet connection is unstable or slow, it can cause problems with connecting to the PSN servers and result in a party chat network error.
- PSN server issues: Sometimes, the PSN servers may be down or experiencing high traffic, which can make it difficult to connect to party chat.
- PS5 settings: If the player's PS5 settings are not configured correctly, it can cause problems with connecting to the party chat feature.
In the next sections, we will try to pinpoint the exact cause of the PS5 party chat network error and provide possible solutions to solve it. Keep reading!
Is PlayStation Network down?
You can check the status of the PSN by visiting the PSN service status website or by following the official PlayStation Twitter account for updates on any planned maintenance or disruptions to the service.
At the time of writing on 18 Jan 2023, PlayStation Network is currently experiencing a massive outage in some regions, according to Downdetector. So you can rest assured that the problem is not on your end, it's just the PSN servers being down.
So with that in mind, we will see what you can do to get rid of this pesky network error.
How to fix PS5 party chat network error
Online forums and social media are flooded with players reporting issues with the PS5 party chat. It appears to be a widespread issue that is affecting a huge number of PS5 owners at the moment.
This can be a frustrating experience for players who rely on party chat to communicate with their friends while gaming. Luckily, there are some things you can try to fix the problem yourself.
So, here are some tips to fix PS5 party chat network error:
- First, visit the PSN service status website to see if the servers are working as they should. In case they are down, you can either wait until the servers are back up and running or try to connect to a server in a different region via VPN.
- If the servers seem fine, the problem might be on your end. In that case, try the following tips:
- Try changing your DNS server to Google (188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206) or Cloudflare (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168).
- Do a speed test and if your download speed is below 3 Mbps or upload speed is below 1 Mbps, you may need to contact your ISP.
- Try restarting your network device as well as your console.
- Try changing your NAT type.
Hopefully, one of our suggestions will help you fix the PS5 party chat network error. Soon, you will be communicating and coordinating with your friends on PS5 party chat when you are playing Marvel's Spider-Man 2 on PS5 - without any issues.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.