While errors are par for the course when it comes to new games, the Overwatch 2 error code BC-153 is both irritating and unwelcome. Although quite when an error would be welcome is anyone's guess.
Rather than getting bogged down in the quality of this particular introduction, let's focus on the important matter at hand. Namely, what is login error BC-153, and how can it be fixed? These are the thorny questions we'll be tackling today.
How To Fix The Login Error On Overwatch 2
Overwatch 2 error code BC-153 is one that we've seen before, on the first Overwatch. And while it's always frustrating to see an error repeat itself time after time, the good news is that fixes that worked previously have a very good chance of being effective once again.
With that being said, the solutions that worked first time around weren't completely guaranteed. So you may try these, and still find yourself stuck. But with that in mind, here are your best options for trying to resolve this particular issue:
- First of all, start by checking for any known issues with Overwatch 2. The best place to start is the official Twitter page @PlayOverwatch. They'll keep you updated on any known issues. If there are any issues, there's not much you can do, other than wait for them to be resolved.
- If the game and servers are working normally, the next step is to check your own internet connection. It might be worth restarting your router, and restarting your PC or console to refresh the connection. If you're on WiFi, if possible switch to a wired connection to improve stability.
- Now that you've checked your internet connection and restarted your device, check for any pending game or system updates. If there are any, install them as soon as you can.
- It may be worth simply restarting the game a few times. In some cases, it's an issue that disappears after a few login attempts.
- If you are still struggling, a final option is to uninstall and reinstall Overwatch 2.
And if you've exhausted all these options to no avail, then we'd recommend reaching out to Blizzard Support for additional advice and assistance.
- Read More: Overwatch 2 LC-202 Error: How To Fix The "Disconnected From Game Server" Error On Overwatch 2
As we mentioned earlier, unfortunately, none of these fixes is guaranteed to resolve the error. But what is it, and why is it happening? These are good questions, we're glad you asked.
What Is Overwatch 2 Error Code BC-153?
Error code Bc-153 is one which appeared on the first Overwatch, and predominantly seemed to affect players on PlayStation. When this error arises, it prevents players from logging into the game.
It isn't totally clear why this error is happening. But there are some suggestions that it is usually linked to server-side problems, such as too much traffic for the servers to deal with.
- Read More: Overwatch 2 Authentication Not Working: How To Fix The Mobile Authentication Error On Overwatch 2
This would be consistent with errors that we see in a lot of games, where traffic spikes just after the game has been released, and the servers struggle to cope with player numbers. The good news is that when this is the case, it usually resolves itself as player numbers start to stabilise, and server capacity is expanded.
In the meantime, try the solutions we outlined above, as these are your best bet of getting back into Overwatch 2. And once you've resolved this error, you may need some help if you find Overwatch 2 crashing.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming and How To page.