If you are experiencing a black screen in NHL 23, we can help!
The latest edition of EA Sports' ice hockey franchise is finally out, and it is already causing some issues. A lot of players are complaining about the black screen in NHL 23, which is very frustrating. The NHL 23 installation error and crashing issues are other commonly reported issues.
If you are one of those players who are stuck with a black screen in NHL 23, here are some solutions that may help you to fix this problem.
How to fix NHL 23 black screen on Xbox, PS4 and PS5
You are so close to victory in your first match in NHL 23, and then all of a sudden, you're stuck on a black screen with no option to continue or restart the game. Frustrating right? Don't fret, we have come up with some possible fixes that may get you out of this mess.
- Try to go to Home, and then switch back to the game.
- Check that the HDMI cable connections to your console and to your TV are secure.
- Try disconnecting every device or peripherals from the console except the HDMI cable, mains lead and Ethernet cable to see if an attached peripheral is causing the issue.
- Power cycle your console.
- Reset the display settings of your console. Also, make sure all the software is fully updated.
- Your last resort is to uninstall and reinstall the game, in case the game files are damaged or corrupted.
Hopefully, one of the suggestions we provided here will solve the NHL 23 black screen issue. If it doesn't, your only option is to contact the devs. It is possible that a bug in the game is causing the problem, and if so, only the developers will be able to fix it.
What is NHL 23 black screen issue?
A black screen issue in NHL is when the screen turns completely black and you cannot do anything on it. The black screen error is not exclusive to NHL 23; games like Modern Warfare 2, PGA 2K23 and Bonelab have also been affected by the black screen error.
Notoriously known as the black screen of death (BSOD), it is one of the most frustrating issues that can occur with your console. Software glitches, compatibility issues, outdated software and hardware failure are some of the common causes of the black screen error.
In most cases, the fixes we mentioned here should solve your NHL 23 black screen issue and you should not face any other problems afterwards. Beware of the unable to connect to the EA server error, though.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.