If you're experiencing crashing in Need for Speed Unbound, then there are a couple of things you can do.
NFS Unbound, the latest title in the popular Need for Speed series, is out now and it is quite a bit of improvement from Heat in terms of graphics, progression and gameplay. But there’s one thing that is ruining the game: crashing. The game crashes quite a lot.
Luckily, some Reddit users have discovered some tips to fix the crashing problem in Need for Speed Unbound. So, let's get right into it!
How to fix Need for Speed Unbound crashing
Reportedly, crashing in NFS Unbound typically happens when you enter the story mode or after creating a character or choosing a car. In addition, many players have experienced crashing at startup as well. The good news is that it is easily fixable.
Assuming your PC meets the system requirements to run the game, follow the steps below to fix the Need for Speed Unbound crashing issue.
- Delete the ".PCDx12 file" in the Need for Speed Unbound folder and the \Documents\Need For Speed(TM) Unbound\cache folder before every time you launch the game, as suggested by this Reddit user.
- Since deleting the DirectX 12-related file in the above tip resolves the issue, you might also want to give uninstalling and reinstalling your DirectX 12 a try.
- Launch the game through a different launcher (EA Play/Origin/Steam).
- Open the Nvidia graphics control panel and change the following three program settings for NFS Unbound. If you are using an AMD card, just change the equivalent settings on the control panel.
- OpenGL rendering GPU - Select your main graphics card
- Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
- Preferred refresh rate - Highest available
- Also, make sure your OS, graphics drivers and the game itself are fully updated.
- Verifying the integrity of the game files to make sure that none of the files is corrupted.
Hopefully, by the time you've reached this point, you should have successfully fixed the Need for Speed Unbound crashing. If it remains a problem, then it's probably time to contact EA for further help. You can reach them on Twitter via @EAHelp, or go to their website.
Why is Need for Speed Unbound crashing?
Need for Speed Unbound crashing can be caused by a number of reasons such as outdated graphics drivers, corrupted game files, a bug in the game code, inadequate CPU or RAM memory, and so on.
But in this case, it appears a bug in the game is causing it to crash, because every single player is experiencing the crashing issue. We are hopeful that EA will quickly patch the issue. But until that time, our tips will temporarily solve the problem.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.