If you are experiencing the Modern Warfare 2 voice service unavailable issue, then you might be interested in these solutions.
Modern Warfare 2 is out now and it has broken the single-day sales record for an entertainment launch. Apparently, the sales record isn't the only thing that is broken.
The game itself is broken; players are getting a permanent ban for no reason and Modern Warfare 2 is crashing on PC for many players. Also, there have been reports that the voice chat service is broken as well.
Communicating and coordinating with your teammates is vital in war. It can make a huge difference between winning and losing. So, let's take a look at the ways that you can get the Modern Warfare 2 voice service back working.
How to fix the Modern Warfare 2 voice service unavailable issue
A broken voice chat isn't a new thing in the COD franchise. Warzone had voice chat issues which prevented players from being able to talk to their friends. Here, players can hear their teammates but the teammates can't hear the player.
By the looks of it, it is likely that the problem is with the configuration of your mic. Since Warzone had a similar mic not working issue, we can try the fixes that were used there.
- Start by checking your connection. Make sure the cable isn't damaged, that it's plugged in properly to your device, and make sure your mic is actually working.
- As obvious as this may seem, make certain that you have voice chat enabled on Modern Warfare 2.
- It's also important to ensure you have the right audio input device selected:
- Open Sound settings
- Under Choose your input device, make sure you have the correct device chosen
- Click on Device properties and test microphone
- Turn the volume up to 100, and make sure the Disable box is empty
- If you want, you can test your microphone as well by clicking on Start test
- Another potential fix is suggested by the audio experts at Turtle Beach. Their recommendation is as follows:
- Access your Options Menu
- Navigate to "Account"
- Set the Crossplay setting to "On"
- Set the Crossplay Communication setting to "On"
- Navigate to "Audio"
- Set Voice Chat to "Enabled"
- Set Open Mic Recording Threshold to a minimum. Setting this too high may prevent your voice from being heard by other players.
- Save those settings and restart the game.
- Make sure that Battle.net/Steam is set to use the System Default Device under Voice Chat Settings.
- If you're playing on a console, check that you have enabled communication with other people:
- Go to Account > Online > Crossplay > Enabled
- See if you need to update your audio drivers, your game, or your device. Make sure they are all fully updated.
- It's also worth making sure that your internet connection is working properly.
- Try clearing the game cache.
- Restart Modern Warfare 2, and try again.
- If all else fails, you might decide it's worth uninstalling and then reinstalling the game, as a last resort.
In the majority of cases, at least one of these fixes will work. But if nothing seems to be effective, and you have made sure all your equipment is working properly, you can consider contacting Activision for additional support.
Read more: How many GB is Modern Warfare 2 2022?
Why is Modern Warfare 2 voice service unavailable?
There are several possible causes for the voice chat issues in Modern Warfare 2. As the solutions above suggest, some are hardware related, such as a problem with a connection, or something not working properly.
And occasionally, a software issue will be responsible for the Modern Warfare 2 voice service unavailable issue. Hopefully, once you try our solutions, you'll be back fighting alongside your friends, coordinating attacks, warning teammates, or asking for help when you're pinned down.
Now that everything is sorted, have a look at how to fix high ping in Modern Warfare 2.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.