If your Modern Warfare 2 is stuck connecting to the data centre, we have the solution for you!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is available now. The launch, however, wasn't smooth as players reported a variety of issues. Modern Warfare 2 slow download and server error are the common issues players faced while trying to install the game.
Some players who somehow got past these errors and successfully installed the game found themselves stuck connecting to the data centre for an indefinite period of time. If you are one of those players who has encountered this issue, try the following tips.
How to fix the Modern Warfare 2 stuck connecting to data centre issue
Fortunately, the Modern Warfare 2 stuck connecting to the data centre issue isn't a serious problem. It is just a connection issue like the Puget-Altus error that can be solved either by tweaking your internet connection or connecting to a different server. But, how to do that?
Well, here are the steps you can follow to fix the Modern Warfare 2 stuck connecting to the data centre issue.
- First, check whether the Modern Warfare 2 servers are up and running. You can do that by going here. If the servers are down, you need to wait until the server issues are resolved.
- It is likely that the game servers are overloaded with users trying to connect to them, and as a result, the servers are unable to accept your request at the moment. So, you can try again once the traffic clears up.
- If you are impatient, you can restart the game as it will get you into a different, less crowded server.
- Your poor internet connection could also be the source of the problem. Try the following tips to improve your connection to the game servers.
- Shut down other programs that access the internet to reduce traffic in the network.
- Restart your modem or router to make sure your network device hasn't become flooded with data.
- Release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any network conflicts.
- Try changing your DNS server to Google’s (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) or Cloudflare (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199).
- If possible, switch to a wired connection as it offers more stability.
Hopefully, one of the suggestions we outlined here will solve the Modern Warfare 2 stuck connecting to the data centre issue and you will be back in the game frying enemies in no time.
What is the Modern Warfare 2 ‘Timed Out Waiting for Datacenters’ error?
Generally, a connection timeout means that the server is taking too long to reply to a data request made by the client. It can happen for a number of things such as server outages, server overload, or a problem with your internet connection.
Here, the Modern Warfare 2 ‘Timed Out Waiting for Datacenters’ error is possibly caused by the server you are attempting to connect to being overcrowded with too many players trying to connect to it at the same time.
As Modern Warfare 2 is just released, many players are trying to access it, and as a result, these sorts of server overload issues occur. Once the fuss over has died down, we can expect the problems to clear up.