If you're experiencing the Modern Warfare 2 scan and repair error, you are not alone.
Many players have reported Modern Warfare 2 crashing to desktop during the game with an error message suggesting to scan and repair the game files. Due to the frequent crashing, players are unable to complete the entire campaign, which is very frustrating.
Luckily, some Reddit users have found the solution to the Modern Warfare 2 scan and repair error, and we are going to share it with you.
How to fix Modern Warfare 2 scan and repair error
The Modern Warfare 2 scan and repair error is plaguing the MW2 community, and it's becoming a bit of an epidemic. Even the official COD league players have had the scan and repair error mid-match with 100k people watching!
We saw a lot of players posting their experiences with the Modern Warfare 2 scan and repair error on Reddit, and we’ve done our best to comb through them all to find the working fixes for you.
Here are some solutions that worked for most people who experienced the Modern Warfare 2 scan and repair error.
- The scan and repair error was an issue in Warzone as well. Several players managed to fix the problem by running Battle.net/Steam as well as Modern Warfare 2 as administrator.
- Turning off texture streaming and downloading in-game solved the issue for this player. So you could give it a try.
- Try turning off in-game voice chat as suggested by this Reddit user.
- Choose the Interface sub-option inside the Settings tab. Scroll down until your find the ‘Parallax Effects‘ and turn it off.
- If you have Razer Synapse installed, try turning it off as it fixed the issue for this user.
- Reverting to the previous version (522.25) of the Nvidia Driver fixed the issue for some people.
- Last but not least, verify the integrity of game files as mentioned in the error message.
Hopefully, one of the fixes will help you eliminate or at least reduce the occurrence of the crashing issue. If not, we recommend you wait until the devs patch the issue. They are aware of the issue and probably are working on a fix for it. So wait it out, buddy!
Read more: How to fix Modern Warfare 2 permanent ban
What is Modern Warfare 2 scan and repair error?
The Modern Warfare 2 scan and repair error is a PC-specific error that causes the application to crash during gameplay. It is accompanied by a long error message that says:
The application has unexpectedly stopped working.
Select Scan and Repair to restart the game and authorize Battle.net to verify your installation. This will take a few minutes but it might resolve your current issue.
To contact customer service support, go to https://supportactivision.com/modern-warfare-ii
Error Code: 0x00001338 (10509) N
Location: Ox00007FF8C20CCD29 (13064550)
While the error message indicates that corrupted game files are to blame, most of the fixes suggest that it is a graphics-related issue. Many players were able to fix the problem by toning down their graphics settings or disabling other in-game functions.
According to PC Gamer, Nvidia has confirmed that there is a bug in the latest Nvidia graphics driver which is causing Modern Warfare 2 crashes. The news outlet revealed that Nvidia is working on a hotfix, though there is no timeline for when it will be released.
So we'd suggest you keep the 516.59, or 522.25 drivers until the bug is fixed.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.