Is the Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed Puget-Altus error preventing you from playing the game? We have some easy fixes for you.
Modern Warfare 2 has been out for some time. While many are already enjoying the most anticipated title of 2022, others are encountering connection issues.
The Modern Warfare 2 server errors like the Detrick Guernsey error and the stuck connecting to data centre error have been a big problem for many players and now the Puget-Altus error is making things worse.
If you’re experiencing the Modern Warfare 2 Puget-Altus error, fret not. The good news is that you can fix this issue easily with our simple solutions. Let's get into it!
How To Fix Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed Puget-Altus Error
Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed Puget-Altus error is a common error that occurs when trying to launch the game. This error is accompanied by a message which states:
Unable to access online services. [Reason: PUGET - ALTUS]
Apparently, it's a connection error and generally, connection errors occur when there is a problem with your Internet connection or with the server hosting the game.
With that in mind, let's see how you can fix the Modern Warfare 2 Connection Failed Puget-Altus error.
Check the server status
The first thing to do is always to check the server status for the game to see if the servers are working as they should. You can check the servers by visiting the Activision Online Services page. Alternatively, you can do that for the PSN here, and Xbox Live here.
If the servers are down for any reason, there is nothing we can do. Just wait and try again once the servers are back online.
Even if the servers are working, it's possible that they are overwhelmed by the sheer volume of players trying to access the game. So, try connecting during non-peak times to see if this helps.
Check your Internet connection
Assuming the servers are up and running, the next thing to try is checking your own internet connection. There are a few steps we recommend:
- Terminate any other bandwidth-heavy applications, to minimise the traffic on the network.
- If possible, swap to a wired connection as this will generally provide you with a more stable connection.
- Restart your modem.
- If you have the option, you could try switching to an alternative internet connection, such as a mobile hotspot. But make sure you have a strong mobile data connection and plenty of data.
Other fixes to try
Still no luck? No worries! We have got some more solutions for you to try.
- Power-cycle your console. Turn off the console, unplug it, and leave it for around two minutes before turning it back on.
- For PlayStation users, set 1453 or 1473 as the MTU value. Also, try changing your DNS server. Have a look at the best DNS servers for PS5 and PS4.
- Check for updates for the game.
Hopefully, one of our suggestions will work for you and you will be back killing enemies. To crush the competition, we recommend looking at the best controller settings for Modern Warfare 2. These controls can dramatically improve your accuracy and movement.
If All Else Fails
When you've tried everything we've already suggested and nothing works, you only have two options left.
One, uninstall and then reinstall the game. And if that doesn't work, we suggest contacting the official Customer Support team and reporting the issue. They will provide you with further guidance.