The Nintendo Switch is an excellent, but oftentimes intensely frustrating, console.
Despite how enjoyable it is to use for gaming, a lot of the stuff around that is lacklustre, and it's annoying if you want to do anything with it.
Thankfully, consoles don't remain the way they were on launch anymore, and we get new updates all the time to help remove problems and improve features.
Well, that's what's happened here, and it's finally much easier to transfer photos to both your phone and your PC, so here's how you do it.
How to transfer photos to your mobile phone
This is a bit of work, but it's not too complicated and it's all wireless, which is a nice bonus. Here's what you need to do:
- Go to your Albums on your console
- Select a screenshot or video then push A
- Choose Send to Smartphone
- Either choose Only this one or Send a Batch, the latter allows up to ten screenshots
- Scan the QR code on the screen with your device
- Scan the second QR code with your device
- Wait for it to finish and push End
You can do this as many times as you want to and then you can do what you want from there.
READ MORE: Someone’s remade Sonic SMS for PC!
How to transfer photos to your PC
This is a bit easier than the phone method. Here's how you do it:
- Connect your Switch to the PC using the USB-C cable
- Go to the Settings on your Switch
- Select Data Management
- Select Manage Screenshots and Videos
- Select Copy to a Computer via USB
- Use your PC and open the file explorer
- Select Nintendo Switch
- Select Album
- Copy and paste what you want
- Select Disconnect on your Switch
As you can see, it's not hard at all and allows you to transfer loads of files all at once.