We've talked about gamesharing on PS4, but what if you don't own a PS4? You might be wondering, how do you gameshare on Xbox One?
Gamesharing allows you to share your library of Xbox One games with a friend, making it an incredibly cost-effective way of playing new things and letting your friends do the same.
It's not even that hard to do either, but there are a few things to keep in mind if you decide to go ahead with it.
So, here is everything you need to know to be able to gameshare on Xbox One right now.
How to gameshare on Xbox One
You'll be happy to know that this isn't a complicated process, all you need to do is follow these easy instructions and you'll be sharing games in no time.
- Press the Xbox button on your control to open up the guide
- Scroll to the left and then select the Sign In option
- Choose Add New
- Sign In using your friends details with their permission, or get them to do it
- Choose next after you've read the privacy statement
- Open up the guide again and choose Home
- Go left in the guide and choose to sign in using your friend's gamertag
- Open up the guide once more
- Choose System Settings Personalisation and select My Home Xbox
- Choose the Make This My Home Xbox option
- Get your friend to follow the same process on their Xbox
What does this mean for you?
Make sure you trust your friend not to abuse your account. You're giving them access to your personal profile, so it's risky unless you completely trust them and know they won't do anything wrong.
This whole thing is digital-only of course, and you can only do it with one other person. So, make sure you're 100% certain before you commit to this process.
It's also possible that Microsoft will stop allowing this at any point, there's no real reason for them to do so specifically, but it's the kind of thing that might stop given that we're coming up on a new generation of consoles.
READ MORE: PS4 vs Xbox One - which is better?
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming and How To page.