If you are a PS5 owner and wish to connect your PS5 controller to your iPad, then this guide is for you.
In the same way you can connect your PS5 controller to a smartphone, you can also pair the DualSense wireless controller with your iPad via Bluetooth. Consequently, you will be able to play games like Genshin Impact on your iPad with your DualSense controller.
Connecting your DualSense controller to your iPad is easy and can be done in just a few minutes. This guide will show you how to do it. Let's get started!
How To Connect PS5 Controller To iPad
If you are not aware, both the DualShock (PS4) and DualSense (PS5) wireless controllers are compatible with the iPad. You can use these PlayStation controllers with compatible games like Genshin Impact on your iPad for a comfortable gaming experience. In order to connect the PS5 controller to the iPad, you need to follow the below steps.
- With your DualSense controller turned off, press and hold the PS+Share buttons until the light bar begins to flash.
- On your iPad, enable Bluetooth, and then select the controller from the list of Bluetooth devices.
- When pairing is complete, the light bar blinks, and then the player indicator lights up.
There you have it! You have successfully connected the PS5 DualSense controller to your iPad. Now you can enjoy your favourite games on your iPad.
In case the DualSense controller does not connect with the iPad, don't panic! You can try the troubleshooting tips in the following section.
- Read More: How To Connect PS5 Controller To PC
PS5 Controller Won't Connect To iPad
Sometimes the PS5 controller won't connect to the iPad. Fret not. If your controller doesn't connect or work as expected, you can try the following troubleshooting tips to connect the controller.
- A controller can be paired with only one device at a time. Each time you change devices you must pair the controller with the new device. If someone connected a USB to the controller, disconnect it.
- Similarly, make sure you're not trying to connect too many Bluetooth accessories at once on your iPad. The official Bluetooth specifications say seven is the maximum number of Bluetooth devices that can be connected at once. However, 3-4 devices are a practical limit, depending on the types of devices and profiles used.
- IPads running iPadOS 14.5 or later only support DualSense wireless controller Bluetooth connections. So ensure that your OS is up to date.
- If your PS5 controller pairs but then you see a Connection Unsuccessful notification, press the PS button and wait for it to connect.
- Finally, try unpairing it, then pairing it again.
If none of the above suggestions resolves the issue, you can reach out to PlayStation or the Apple support team to get the issue fixed. But most of the time, our tips will do the trick. Hope it helps!