Another Genshin Impact article, and another Genshin Impact error to be fixed, this time the dreaded Genshin Impact Parameter Error. While MiHoYo works hard to add new content for gamers, a game so big and so popular remains unfortunately prone to errors. The parameter error is just another example of this. When players get this error, it renders the game unplayable.
Luckily for you, there are some troubleshooting tips you can follow to try to fix this particular problem. We'll take a look at what these might be. We'll also explain exactly what the Genshin Impact Parameter Error is, and what causes it. So if you want to get back into the world of Genshin, read on.
How to fix Parameter error in Genshin
There are a number of suggested fixes that various users have claimed to be effective. Some are fairly simple, while others need a bit more effort. But these are the most commonly mentioned fixes for you to try:
- Restart the application. If this on its own doesn't work, go one further, and restart your device.
- Some people have suggested that unlinking and then relinking the email address that's connected to the Genshin account has been effected.
- Make sure your operating system is fully up to date.
- If you're logged into the game on a secondary device, log out of that device, and then try again.
If you've tried these fairly basic troubleshoots to no avail, there is more for you to do before giving up, throwing your hands up in frustration and taking up needlework. A slightly more involved, but potentially effective solution, is as follows:
- Shut down Genshin Impact, and make sure it isn't lurking away in the background. If you're on a PC check this on Task Manager.
- Download the latest launcher from the official game website
- Run the installer, and install it to wherever your old launcher was installed. To do this:
- Click on Advanced Options in the installer
- Amend the Game File Installation path to match the previous launcher's location
- Once you've done this, restart your device, then run the launcher again.
This will be effective in the majority of cases. But if not, it's probably time to do one of three things: completely uninstall, then reinstall the game, think about contacting customer service, or start that needlework project.
Read More: How to fix Genshin Impact Error Code 9910
What does Parameter Error mean?
Typically, a parameter error is something that arises when you are prevented from accessing the relevant data you are looking for. In this case, something is preventing Genshin Impact from accessing the files it needs to be able to run properly. This then leads to the problem of players being unable to access their accounts or play the game.
This can happen for a number of reasons. Sometimes it is a driver issue, a corrupted file, or a virus infection. It can also sometimes be a server related issue, especially in this particular instance, as a lot of data is stored online.
Whatever the cause of this issue, the solutions we've outlined above will give you the best chance of overcoming this error. That needlework will just have to wait.