Has the FIFA 23 memory dump error hit you? We have some fixes for how to solve the issue and get your game working again.
FIFA 23 is out now, and apparently, it is riddled with bugs and problems. Players have already reported issues such as the FIFA 23 anti-cheat and store checkout errors, which is pretty frustrating.
The memory dump error is another annoying error that makes life hard for FIFA players. However, the good news is that we have some fixes and tricks to make FIFA 23 work again. Let's get into it.
How to fix the FIFA 23 memory dump error
The first step to fixing the memory dump error is to ensure your OS and the game are updated. Although the memory dump error is undesirable, it is not as bad as the FIFA 23 won't install error or the inability to save personal settings error, as it is relatively easier to fix.
Afterward, try the troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
- If you have any antivirus program, turn it off and see if the issue is fixed. It worked for some, and it might work for you as well.
- Also, try disabling MSI Afterburner and RIVA Statistics, as this user suggested.
- You can try enabling secure boot, as it has fixed the issue for some. To enable secure boot, search for system information, then go to Secure Boot Service to see if it is enabled. If you need to activate it, complete the following steps:
- Run Settings > Update & Security > Recovery and select Restart now under Advanced Startup. From the next screen, choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings > Restart to make changes.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the EA AntiCheat application has worked for some. To do that:
- Go to the FIFA 23 folder and navigate to _Installer > EAAntiCheat.
- Run EAAntiCheat.Installer as administrator.
- Click the drop-down arrow, select FIFA 23, and then click Uninstall.
- Finally, click Install and launch the game to see if the issue is fixed.
- If the issue persists, repeat the above steps, but don't reinstall the EA AntiCheat within the same window this time. Instead, after uninstalling the anti-cheat, open the Origin / EA app as administrator and launch FIFA 23. The program will prompt you to install anti-cheat. Do so by clicking on Reinstall EA AntiCheat. Afterwards, launch the game.
Hopefully, one of the suggestions should fix the error for you. If nothing seems to work, we recommend you contact EA support and report the issue with the memory dump attached, as mentioned in the error message.
Read more: How to fix FIFA 23 lag issues
What is the FIFA 23 memory dump error?
The FIFA 23 memory dump error occurs when you try to launch the application. Generally, a memory dump is a file with valuable information that may help identify why an application stopped unexpectedly.
When this error hits you, FIFA 23 crashes, and you will receive the following message:
The application encountered an unrecoverable error.
Click 'OK' to create a memory dump, then please share it on our support site.
The reason behind this error is not apparent, but it is probably something related to EA AntiCheat. According to one player, EA is aware of the issue and said the error will be addressed in post-release patches.
You don't need to wait until then because the abovementioned tips will fix the FIFA 23 memory dump error. If you are experiencing a connection error once you are back in the game, come back here, as we also have some easy fixes for it.