If you are facing a FIFA 22 Connection Error when connecting to the FIFA Ultimate Team servers, you may find yourself wondering what you can do to fix it. Hopefully, we can help you squash out that Fifa 22 Connection Error.
FIFA connection errors have been around for much longer than FIFA 22. The release of Ultimate Team brought with it a host of errors, with the latest FIFA no different. Whether it's the FIFA 22 SBC error or the FIFA 22 DirectX error, there's always some issue that could potentially ruin your game.
While this is pretty appealing to many players, it isn't much fun when you can't actually access the servers to play the game. Should this be afflicting your attempts to play FUT, worry no more. Here's how to fix the error connecting to FIFA 22 Ultimate Team Servers.
How To Fix FIFA 22 Connection Error
The FIFA 22 connection error is not a new issue for Ultimate Team players. As frustrating as it is that it remains a problem, the flip side is that at least there are a series of tried and tested solutions to fix it:
- Start by checking for updates. Previously, when this issue has arisen, EA released a patch soon after to provide a fix. So check to see if one is available, and download and install it.
- Make sure there are no problems with the game servers. If there are issues, wait until these are resolved before trying again.
- If the servers are running as they should be, check your internet connection. Test other devices or apps to make sure they're working. Close any apps or devices that you aren't using, to ensure as little traffic on the network as possible. Restarting your router can sometimes help. And if you are on WiFi, switching to a. wired connection can also improve stability.
- Make sure your account details are correct. Some players have suggested that changing their password gets around this error. Others have found that disabling 2FA, changing their security question and changing their favourite in-game club has also helped.
- Finally, check to see if your date and time settings have been manually changed. If there is a mismatch with what the servers think it is, you may be blocked as a security measure. So set your date and time automatically.
If none of the above seems to be helping, then it's time to reach out to EA for further support. You can contact them on Twitter, or on their website. But what are the reasons for an error like this to occur in the first place?
What is the Fifa 22 Connection Error on Ultimate Team?
When players encounter this particular problem, they see the following error message:
We are sorry but there has been an error connecting to FIFA 22 Ultimate Team . You will be returned to the FIFA 22 Main menu.
As the solutions we outlined above may suggest, there are several reasons for an error connecting to FIFA 22 Ultimate Team Servers. These include:
- Server issues
- Network problems
- Account-related issues - expired subscriptions, incorrect credentials, even bans
- Mismatched date and time settings
In most cases, EA moves quickly to provide a patch to fix any underlying causes for this issue. After all, FUT makes EA a bunch of money, so they want to keep that golden goose laying as much as they can.
But if you are waiting for an update, try our fixes, and hopefully, you'll be back buying and selling players, as you try to build your own ultimate team.