Disney Dreamlight Valley game initialization error 7 has been cropping up, and preventing players from playing this celebration of all things Disney. And as anyone who has experienced it will tell you, it's not an error that you want to come up against.
With Dreamlight Valley being in Early Access at the moment prior to a full release in 2023, bugs are an inevitable aprt of the experience. We've previously covered issues like the Dreamlight Valley cloud save error, and Dreamlight Valley crashes. Error 7 is just the latest.
Here's what we know about it.
How To Fix Disney Dreamlight Valley Game Initialization Error 7
Dreamlight Valley game initialization error 7 seems to be predominantly affecting players in the Australia and New Zealand region. Exactly why it's most prevalent here is unclear. But here are the suggested fixes:
- If you are in the Australia and New Zealand timezone, try changing to a different timezone. It seems that switching to US Eastern, US Central/Canada, or 12 hours behind are the most popular.
- It also appears that this error can be triggered when players use the Well Fed buff. This feeds your character when they are low on energy, giving them a speed boost. It puts a golden energy bar on top of your normal energy bar. Make sure you deplete this so the golden bar disappears before quitting the game, as this can cause the game to get stuck on the loading screen.
- Alternatively, just don't sue the Well Fed buff at all.
- If you don't live in the Australia/New Zealand region and are encountering this issue, you may need to consider uninstalling, then reinstalling the game.
- Keep your eyes peeled for any game updates and install them as soon as they ebcome available. A fix for this bug has been promised, and this will be delviered via a game update.
But what else do we know about this error?
- Read More: Dreamlight Valley Quest Bug: How To Fix The Wall-E Fire Extinguisher Bug, Garnets For Scrooge Bug And The 'With Great Power' Quest Bug
What Is Disney Dreamlight Valley Game Initialization Error 7?
As we pointed out above, error 7 has nothing to do with Snow White, and everything to do with being Well Fed, or living in a specific part of the world.
It's unclear exactly why these things seem to trigger the issue. To repeat, the game is in Early Access, which means that part of the deal is the near-certainty with which errors will arise. That's really the point, so that the developers can identify these and fix them before the game gets a full release.
An update is on the way to resolve this issue, so make sure to keep your eyes out for that, and install it when you can. Along with Error 7, the update is expected to resolve other issues, including reducing the frequency of Switch crashes, improving Dream Shard frequency, fixes for quest progression issues, and a fix for changing clothes.