Are you experiencing Bonelab crashing on your PC or Quest 2?
The highly anticipated game Bonelab has finally been released. While some players are enjoying the game and having fun with it, unfortunately, some users are experiencing issues with the game. Bonelab crashing is the most common issue that has been reported.
If you’re experiencing Bonelab crashing on your PC or Oculus Quest 2, it can be quite frustrating. So, we’re going to walk you through the process of fixing Bonelab crashing.
How To Fix Bonelab Crashing
We can imagine how frustrating it is when you launch the game that you have been waiting for and it immediately crashes.
For some people, Bonelab crashes on startup, while for others, Bonelab keeps crashing after a couple of minutes into the game. In some cases, the game will simply freeze and you won’t be able to do anything but force shutdown the PC or Quest.
If this is what's happening to you, there are several things that you can do to fix this issue. But, before we get to that, (only applied for PC VR users) make sure your PC meets system requirements to run Bonelab. Also, make sure your graphics drivers are fully updated.
How To Fix Bonelab Crashing On PC
- If you are using SteamVR, go to SteamVR Settings > Developer and click Set SteamVR as OpenXR Runtime. This tip did the work for many.
- On Oculus, if you are connected to the PC via the link cable, try using virtual desktop. Alternatively, if you are connected wirelessly via virtual desktop, use the link cable.
- Verify the integrity of the game files to ensure that none of the files is corrupted.
- If your computer meets the specs for the game, but barely, then having lots of other programs running in the background will increase the risk of Bonelab crashing. So, close everything else down to reduce the risk of this happening.
- Try installing Bonelab onto the SSD, if possible.
How To Fix Bonelab Crashing On Quest 2
- Experiment with the settings. For starters, put everything as low as possible and see if it runs without issues.
- Make sure your Quest OS is up to date.
- Reboot your headset.
- Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game from your headset.
Once you've done this, try launching the game again and see if makes a difference. Hopefully, Bonelab will run on your PC without running into any issues this time. If it still doesn't work, we recommend you report the problem on official Twitter or Discord.
Since you are here, you might be interested in the Bonelab Quest 2 vs PC performance comparison.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.