Fans are understandably delighted that Back 4 Blood is finally with us. But it hasn't all been smooth sailing, with players suffering from Back 4 Blood Fatal Error Line 258. If this has happened to you, you may be interested in finding out how you can fix this unfortunate error. After all, you didn't get the game so that you got errors, did you? No, didn't think so.
Whether you want to play as a Cleaner, ridding the world of the, erm, Ridden, or you prefer to play as Ridden, wiping out the Cleaners, this article has the answers you need. Here's how to fix Back 4 Blood Fatal Error Line 258.
How To Fix Back 4 Blood Fatal Error Line 258
Back 4 Blood Fatal Error Line 258 is yet to be furnished with a definitive fix by the game developers. But there are a few steps that players have found helpful:
- One recommended fix for Steam users is to go to your Options Menu, click on Graphics, and set Post Processing Quality to Low. Several people have found that this has been useful, both for Fatal Error Line 258, and some other crash and game launch issue.
- If this doesn't work for you, then your next step is to make sure your graphics driver is fully up to date. For NVIDIA, go here. Or if you have an AMD GPU, go here. For Intel, it's here.
- Next, try to verify the integrity of the game files, in case something has been corrupted. To do this:
- Load Steam.
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of game files...
- This process can take several minutes, so do be prepared to wait a while.
- In addition to your graphics drivers, it's worth making sure that you've completed any other pending software updates.
- Try launching your Epic Games Launcher, and then try launchng the game from Steam.
- Another user-reported fix is to try changing your graphics settings:
- Launch the game and go to Options
- Go to Graphics, and set Anti-Aliasing to Off
- Relaunch the game, and see if this has made any difference.
If none of these fixes works, then try contacting the game developers for further support. You can find them on Twitter @back4blood, or look for support @WBGamesSupport. But what else do we know about the Back 4 Blood Fatal Error Line 258?
What is Fatal Error 258?
As we suggested above, there has yet to be an "official" fix for fatal error line 258. We do know it has already been reported as a bug to WB games. Users have reported that when players are attempting to load the game, it crashes just before reaching the options menu. Players see the message:
The UE4-Gobi Game has crashed and will close
This strongly points towards an issue with Unreal Engine 4, which is the platform underpinning Back 4 Blood. We can't say for sure what the problem is. The hope is that Turtle Rock Studios have managed to work on a solution during the Beta testing phase of the game and that this error will soon be a thing of the past. But while we wait to find out, try the solutions we've outlined above, and hopefully, you'll soon be back in the game.