If you reading this, chances are someone has sent you "WYLL" on Snapchat, and you're unsure how to respond simply because you're not quite sure what it means. Don't worry; we've got you covered.
Snapchat comes with its own set of unique jargon and friend emojis that can leave newcomers scratching their heads. Moreover, even seemingly straightforward visual cues like the red dot and green dot can leave users wondering about their significance.
In this guide, we'll unravel one such Snapchat mystery. Join us as we delve into the meaning of "WYLL" and explore different ways to reply to this query.
What does WYLL mean on Snapchat?
"WYLL" on Snapchat, and in other messaging platforms or social media contexts, typically stands for "What You Look Like?" It's a casual and direct way of asking someone to share their current or a recent picture.
This phrase is commonly used in situations where someone is interested in knowing the physical appearance of their chat partner, particularly when they haven't had the opportunity to meet face-to-face or view a photograph of them.
How to reply to WYLL on Snapchat
Responding to "WYLL" (What You Look Like?) on Snapchat or any messaging platform depends on your comfort level and relationship with the person asking. Here are some options for how you might reply:
- Send a picture: If you're comfortable, you can respond with a recent photo of yourself.
- Describe yourself: If you're not comfortable sharing a photo, you could give a brief description of yourself.
- Ask why: If you're unsure why they're asking, you can simply ask them why they want to know.
- Deflect with humor: Use humor to deflect the question if you're not interested in sharing your appearance, like saying, "I look like a cross between [two funny or unexpected celebrities]."
- Politely decline: If you're not comfortable with the question, it's perfectly okay to politely decline to answer.