If the NFL app error code 403 forbidden is causing you trouble, we have some suggestions that may help.
Football season is well underway, and many fans are relying on the official NFL mobile app to keep track of their favourite team on the go. However, the NFL app doesn’t seem to be too reliable as some users report receiving an error code 403 forbidden, making it difficult to play content.
In this post, we will explain the issue in more detail, as well as the way to fix it, so you can enjoy the football season without any issues.
How to fix the NFL app error code 403 forbidden Roku
The NFL app error code 403 forbidden is preventing users from streaming content or even checking scores. The issue seems to be prevalent in Roku TV but is also appearing on other platforms as well.
We scoured Reddit and other online forums and found a variety of workarounds to address the error. Here is what you need to do to fix the NFL app error code 403 forbidden:
- Go to DownDetector and see if the NFL servers are working fine. If so, proceed to the next step.
- Make sure the NFL app is fully updated.
- Try restarting your device as well as the NFL app.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed the issue for this user. So, give it a try!
Fix NFL app error code 403 forbidden Roku
Here is what you can do to fix the NFL app error code 403 forbidden on Roku TV:
- Go into TV Settings > Privacy > Advertising and make sure the Limit Ad Tracking box is NOT checked, as suggested by this user. Afterwards, sign out of your provider, and then sign back in.
- Go back and forth to the channel until it eventually connects as this user did.
Hopefully, one of our suggestions should fix the NFL app error code 403 forbidden for you. If not, we recommend you contact the support team at NFL. You can chat with the support bot and upload the screenshot of the error when asked.
Read more: How to fix BeReal not working
Why does my NFL app say 403 Forbidden?
Generally, a 403 Forbidden error message means that the server is unable to authorize a particular request made by a user. It can be due to many reasons including:
- The requestor is not allowed to access the requested resource.
- The IP address or the domain name in the request is invalid.
- A malware infection is constantly corrupting the .htaccess file ( a file to configure the details of your website).
There are no clear explanations as to what is causing the 403 Forbidden error in the NFL app. However, it is possible that the issue is a result of heavy traffic being directed to the NFL servers, causing the server unable to respond to requests.
If that's the case, constantly trying to connect or connecting after a short period of time may solve the NFL app error code 403 forbidden.