Wondering how to make a Snapchat group chat? We've got you covered!
If you wish to chat with multiple people at once on Snapchat, creating a group chat is a great way to do so. But how to do that?
Although Snapchat is a pretty intuitive app, new users are often confused about how to create a group chat. To be fair, it is not as easy as making your Snapchat account private or pinning people on Snapchat.
No worries! We'll help you create a Snapchat group chat. So, let's get started!
How To Make A Group Chat On Snapchat iPhone And Android
Whether you are using Snapchat on your PC or smartphone, you can easily create a group chat and add your friends. You can add up to 100 people to your Snapchat group.
The process of making a Snapchat group chat is the same for iPhone and Android. To start a group chat on Snapchat, here is what you need to do.
- Go to the Chat tab and tap the chat icon at the bottom of the Chat screen.
- Tap New Group and give a name to the group (optional).
- Now select the people you wish to add to the group from the list of friends.
- Finally, tap Chat with Group.
That's it! Now you can start sending messages to the group. Keep in mind that if you don't send any messages in the group after creating it, it will be automatically deleted and you will have to make a new one.
Some Snapchat Group Chat Tips
There are some things worth knowing about Snapchat groups. For starters, you can't remove someone from a Snapchat group, unlike other messaging apps. Below you will see some Snapchat group chat tips that you may find helpful.
- Messages in the group chat are deleted by default after 24 hours unless it is saved.
- Press and hold on a chat to see who’s read it, saved it, and more.
- When group members open a snap, their name appears below it in chat.
- You can mention a group member in a group chat by typing their display Name or by typing '@' and choosing their username.
Also, it is worth mentioning that snaps you send to a group don’t count for Snapstreaks with individual Snapchatters. So, that's all the basics you need to know about the group chat feature on Snapchat.