If you are not tech-savvy, it can be a bit of a hassle to delete a video on TikTok. Fret not, we have got you covered!
One thing we love about TikTok is how easy it is to share content with our friends and family. The app allows you to create and share short videos, duets and even long 10 minutes videos. That's pretty cool.
There are times, however, when you post something and later wish to take it down. Whether it's because you have 0 views on that TikTok video or you think the content will get you shadowbanned on TikTok, there are ways to remove your TikTok video.
In this post, we will show you how to delete a TikTok video on iPhone and Android. Let's dive in!
How To Delete TikTok Video On iPhone
So you want to delete a TikTok video of yours? It's simple, really. Here's how to do it:
- The first step is to go to your profile and find the video you want to delete.
- Tap on the video and it will start to play in fullscreen mode.
- Now, tap on the three dots icon and select Delete.
- You will be prompted with a pop-up message. Confirm your decision by tapping Delete again.
That’s all there is to it! Instead of deleting the videos, you can choose to hide the videos from your friends and followers by making them private (Only Me).
How To Delete TikTok Video On Android
The process of deleting TikTok videos on Android is a bit different from that on iPhone. If you want to delete TikTok videos on Android, follow these steps:
- First, go to your profile and tap on the video you want to get rid of.
- Then, tap on the three dots icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Swipe on the bottom row of options to find the trash can icon.
- Tap Delete (trash can icon) and you will be prompted to confirm your action.
- Tap Delete again to remove the video from your profile.
That’s it! If you are not ready to get rid of your videos, but at the same time don't want anyone else to see them, then you should consider making them private. It is just like the Archive feature on Instagram.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Apps page.