Discord is one of the most popular VoIP and instant messaging applications in recent years, especially for gamers. However, due to its popularity, the service can run into server issues, making you wonder: Is Discord Down? With so much tied to the service, it can be a huge inconvenience.
In this article, we'll tell you whether or not Discord servers are currently inaccessible. If you are having trouble, this is the best place to look.
Are Discord Servers Down Right Now?
If you’re using Discord right now, you may have noticed that it’s down.
It is indeed. According to the Discord status page, Discord servers are currently down.
In fact, many people have been experiencing issues with Discord for the past couple of hours. Some users are unable to join, while others are not able to send messages. So, if you are one of the people who are experiencing issues, you’re not alone.
The reason for the downtime is not known. Moreover, it’s unclear when it will be back online. Since the team is working on the issue, we can hope that it will be up soon.
How to Check if the Discord Servers are Running
The Discord team is currently investigating the issue. And they are currently working on fixing the problem. In the meantime, you can check if the servers are back up and running.
You can check if the Discord servers are back online by navigating to the website Discord Status. This page lists all server outages and errors that are reported and being worked on by the developers.
The green colour means that the servers are up and running, while the red colour means that the servers are down. This way you can figure out if the outage you’re experiencing is due to an issue from the server-side or from the client (your) side.
How to Fix Discord Server Lagging Issue?
Discord Server Lagging is a fairly common problem for many Discord users. Channels take a while to load and messages take a while to go through, which means that people can’t join and talk to each other as fast as they would like. So, how can it be fixed?
We’ll go through the best practices you should consider to ensure your own server runs as smoothly as possible. Here are the steps you can try to fix the Discord server lagging issue:
- First, check if there is any update available for Discord. To do that:
- Open the Run dialog.
- Type %APPDATA%/Discord and press Enter.
- Locate Update.exe and run the program.
- Also, make sure that your graphics and audio drivers are fully updated.
- Try clearing the Discord cache. To do that:
- Open the Run dialog.
- Type %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and press Enter.
- Select all the files and hit Delete.
- If the issue still persists, reinstalling Discord is your last resort.
How to Fix Discord Connection Issues?
Discord has been growing in popularity as of late. It has a lot to offer to those who are looking to meet new people and chat with them. However, it’s not without its own set of problems. One of these is the connection issues that have become increasingly prevalent as Discord has grown in popularity.
Discord connection issues are either caused by technical problems on Discord's side, like high traffic, or internet connectivity issues on your device. So, if the issue is on the server-side, there is nothing you can do. Nevertheless, below are the steps you can try to fix the Discord connection issues:
- Make sure your internet connection is working. Open another app to see if the connection is stable and fast enough.
- Also, you can try a different internet connection.
- If you are using a VPN, try switching it off.
- Make sure your Discord is fully updated.
- Next, try terminating the program and relaunching it.
- If you are still having issues, try restarting your device.
- If all else fails, uninstall and reinstall Discord.
That's it! You should be able to fix Discord connection issues with one of the steps mentioned above. If it didn't work for you, it's highly likely that the issue is on the server-side.